In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional event information can be found at http://www.halfwaycrooks.beer.
Saturday, April 16th - First wave starts at 10:30am! Our 5k fun run will consist of FIVE 1k routes. Each 1k represents one 20cl pour of Farina you will be able to enjoy directly after your run/walk in our Biergarten served in the traditional way of Cologne, Germany.
Halfway Crooks Kölsch Fest is a celebration of Kölsch taking place Saturday, April 16th 12pm-7pm and Sunday, April 17th 12pm-7pm. We will have Kölsch-style service and food pop ups in the Biergarten all weekend. The featured beer is Farina, our delicious Top Fermenting Lager!
In Cologne, Germany kölsch is traditionally served in a tall, thin, cylindrical 20 centiliter (6.8 US fl oz) glass called a Stange ("pole" or "rod"). The server, called a Köbes, carries eleven or twelve Stangen in a Kranz ("wreath"), a circular tray resembling a crown or wreath. Instead of waiting for the drinker to
order a refill, the Köbes immediately replace an empty Stange with a full one, marking a tick on the coaster under the Stange. If the drinker does not want another refill, he or she places the coaster on top of the empty Stange and pays for the number of beers marked on the coaster.
Saturday, April 16th at 10:30AM - Early Registration $20 until March 31st, after - $25
'5k' or (5) - 1k's. For each "1k" you earn a 20cl Farina to redeem after the race with your race bib. The bib will represent your first “coaster” for tallying your kölsch. We recommend a refreshment directly following your race, but should you want to reserve it for later you can redeem anytime during the festival hours in the biergarten! (please note you will not be able to redeem after the conclusion of the Kölsch Fest on April 17th.)
● Official participation in Halfway Crooks Kölsch Fest 5K’s for Kölsch – professionally organized run experience
● Early entry to 2022 Halfway Crooks Kölsch Fest (biergarten opens at 11am for runners!)
● Five 20cL Farina pours (redeemed via race bib) served up by our Köbes in the traditional style from Cologne (a portion of the fee will also go directly to our incredible staff as gratuity!)
● Discounted preorder access (through race registration) to purchase our special Kölsch Fest inspired shirt and running shorts
● Portal to upload your complete run time via RunSignUp - Please note that the 5 K's for Kölsch will not be chipped timed or scored and there will not be top-finisher or age group awards. We are simply running for Kölsch!!
Run format and details:
**The run will be held rain or shine. We will keep a close eye on any hazardous conditions such as lightning or flooding, however we do not anticipate any delays or cancellations.
**Parking is plentiful in the Summerhill Lot A parking lot located at 17 Georgia Ave SE, ATL 30312.
**If you are experiencing symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19 please stay home and reduce risk of exposure to others.
**Check-In behind Halfway Crooks at the orange runningnerds tent on Reed St.
Thank you for supporting small local businesses and sharing your leisure time with us. See you Saturday! Additional event information can be found at http://www.halfwaycrooks.beer or https://www.instagram.com/halfwaycrooksbeer/
- Halfway Crooks Beer & runningnerds teams
If you have any questions about this event, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.