In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at https://www.facebook.com/SpringWomensRace/.
Ladies, come celebrate this joyous time of year by joining in the 5th annual running of the Spring in the Park Women's 10k/5k Apr 6th. This growing event celebrates the active woman of all abilities and is a great way to kick off your spring season.
1. Is this race for women only? Yes
Please no men dressed as women or bandits
Men are encouraged to come listen to music and cheer on the runners
3. Where is the race course? South Mastick picnic area in the Rocky River Reservation, Cleveland Metroparks, the southeast corner of Valley Parkway and Puritas Road
Both courses have a common start and are out and back races beginning on Valley Parkway at the south driveway of the South Mastick picnic area and irun on the road, heading south to the half-way mark just north of Cedar Point Road (10K), turning back north to finish in front of the South Mastick picnic area at the south driveway
This section of Valley Parkway was re-paved not long ago and is in excellent condition, with a minimal elevation change
4. What are the Age Groups and Age Group awards? < 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, >70
Jewelry will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each age group
Custom jewelry made specifically for the race will be awarded to the overall winner, the top master’s finisher (age > 40), and the first grand master’s finisher (age > 50)
Awards ceremony after the race at the South Mastick Pavilion
5. Will this race be chip timed? True chip timing with start and finish mats
Additional timing communication will be available at select points along course
6. Will there be water stops on the course? Water and Gatorade will be available at approximately mile 2 and mile 4
7. Will there be a bag drop area? Yes, At the pavilion in South Mastick picnic area
8. Where are the parking spaces and road closures? Limited parking is available at South Mastick picnic area
Mastick Golf Course on northeast corner of Puritas Road and Valley Parkway
North of Puritas Road on Valley Parkway there is parking along the River on the east side and several picnic areas on the west side
Big Met golf course approximately one mile further north on Valley Parkway
Road closures: closures at 8:30 am and Valley Parkway re-opens around 10:00 am
Valley Parkway at Puritas Road/Mastick Road to Cedar Point Road
Valley Parkway at Brookway Lane
Valley Parkway at Shepard Lane
Mastick Road and Cedar Point road will remain open
9. Where and when is packet pick up and in-person registration?2nd Sole-Lakewood at 18636 Detroit Road, Lakewood
10. What is the race day schedule of events
07:30 a.m. Day of race packet pick-up and registration begins in picnic shelter
08:00 optional start for walkers in 10K (5K walkers start with 8:30am start)
08:30 a.m. 10K & 5K race start (common start)
10:00 a.m. (est'd) Award ceremony [ as soon as practical once nearly all age group winners are determined.]
11. Are walkers welcome to participate in the event? Yes, participants of all abilities are welcome including walkers. The early start is intended for participants who think they will require more than 1.5 hours to finish the 10k.
10K walkers have the option of starting early at 8:00AM. Bib numbers of early-start walkers will be recorded to provided correct elapsed times.
Participants who are finishing at a later time may be asked to move onto the parallel, paved all purpose trail and will still finish at the same point as all other participants. This is dependent on the precise time when the Metroparks require re-opening Valley Parkway to vehicles.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
South Mastick Picnic AreaOpen in External Application