In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
NO GUARANTEED SHIRT: AFTER 10pm Central Time May 10; there is NO guarantee that you will receive a shirt, or the size you pick. IF there are any shirts leftover, we will distribute them based on earliest registration after 7pm CST May 10. You WILL receive your finishers award if you finish.
NOTE: You can still Sign Up!! Registration is still open. The longer you wait, the less time you have, but you can still do it.
The Great Virtual Road Race Across Tennessee... 1000 Kilometers
Laz and Durb (with technical expertise from Bad Mike and Naresh) are putting together the virtual race of the summer:
1,000 kilometers across Tennessee from the very southwestern tip of the state to the very northeastern tip of the state.
We will have a map set up showing your daily progress across the great state of Tennessee.
Runners will have a link where they can record their daily mileage to update the map and standings. For information on the link, please scroll down to the section on Tracking Your Miles/Kilometers
Can you beat your buddies from the Mississippi River levee near Anthonyville, Arkansas to the high trestle branch off of Buckeye Hollow road way up in the Appalachian Mountains?
And when we say the Race of the Summer, we mean the whole summer!
It will start on May 1 and continue through August 31. To complete the race will require only a hair over 5 miles per day... and those who want a little extra on their plate, you can do the out and back version... 2,000 kilometers.
Everyone can challenge themselves... and all comers!
We will have a fine looking commemorative shirt to all starters. For those who persevere til the very end we will have a medal that will be the envy of all... except for those determined suckers who get the double crossing medal for running all the way back.
So the question is; Who wants to play?
Finish the Race Across Tennessee, and you'll receive an email from laz with a link to race Back Across Tennessee! Transform yourself from a RAT, into a BAT!
How it works:
Keep entering your mileage on a daily basis. When the daily update shows that you have crossed the finish for Race Across Tennessee (Remember it's 1021km/635 miles), you will receive an email from laz with pertinent information for registering to race Back Across Tennessee. Please allow up to 24 hours to receive this email.
When registering for Race Back Across Tennessee, use the link that laz gives you in the email. A few things of note:
1. Register using the exact spelling of your name as when you registered for Race Across Tennessee. Any deviation will cause issues in that we won't know that you're exactly the same person. Remember, there are 19000 of us, and the system sees John T. Smith differently than John Smith, or Jonathan Smith.
2. Continue to enter mileage using the same method you entered all of your Race Across Tennessee miles/km. Same pin, same bib#.
3. You will NO LONGER show up on the RAT tracking map, so don't be alarmed when you're not there. You WILL show up on the BATS on the Road link. UPDATE: whether you click on RAT on the Road or Bats on the Road, click on the + box next to your name and you can choose a category from the drop down.
4. You can also check the progress of your return on the vacationwithoutacar.com site, under All-In-One Report, and your day-by-day mileage entries in the Archives on the same site. The Archives is a huge spreadsheet. In order to create a search box to quickly find your name, from the CSV file option, press Control + F on a PC, or Command + F on a Mac.
5. When you finish BAT, you'll receive a Commemorative 1000 mile pin, AND a nice commemorative map. If you finish 1000 miles, but don't make it all the way back for a double crossing, you'll receive the Commemorative 1000 mile pin.
6. There is no registration for 1000 mile only. 1000 mile is included in the fee for Back Across Tennessee.
We have been promising to get you some products to choose from, and here is the link to the US site. This is run by the T-shirt people for the US. And a portion of their proceeds are going to the Developmental Center in Manchester.
We will be having similar offerings in Asia, Europe, and Canada, and I will post those links as soon as we have them together.
100% of the license fees will be donated to the Freedom Seat organization in India which is taking on child slavery.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.