In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
We have bagged over 6,432 pounds of food to be disturbed at food pantries and to local school children.
We have hosted events for teens including bowling, running free 5K events, painting kindness rocks, volunteering together at Lacrosse tournaments, food pantries, and vaccine clinics. We have not cancelled a single in person event as we combat isolation.
We have reached out with 1,327 personal contacts either by phone or in person safely socially distanced to the following groups this list includes but is not exhaustive:Middle school and high school students, college students, elderly in nursing facilities, those suffering with lung cancer, breast cancer, addictions, depression, anxiety, and illness of all kinds.
We can do this because of your support.
We are so grateful :)
When we see your registration your name goes into the drawing for an amazing 3 months at Homestead Country Club!
Drawing will take place after the race is completed.
You do not need to be present to win :)
If you want your name in just sign up for the race and we wish you luck.
Thank you so much to Kyle and Becky at Homestead Country Club for this generous gift
We want this to be uplifting for you and we are so grateful for each and every person that joins us in our life saving effort you receive:
1. Choose a long or short sleeve participant shirt and enjoy a free photo in front of the event backdrop :)
2. Winners Medals by age group first, second, and third for male and female in all age divisions
3. Customize your Bib to run in honor of a loved one
4. All participants will be entered in a drawings for a Kansas City Chiefs Apparel Item and a 3 month membership to Homestead Country Club
5. Enjoy the boost in mood and energy levels that running has shown to provide.
6. Participate in an actual coping skill - being with other people, supporting community, physical activity, working for greater cause.
7. The feeling that you are doing something for someone else that may save their life.
8. Grab a kindness rock to share - while supplies last :)
OVERALL FEMALE WINNER AWARD: Kendra Scott Jewelry
OVERALL MALE WINNER AWARD: Chiefs Sweatshirt
Drawing Winners will be picked at the end of the race. You do not need to be present to win just signup for the race.
Have fun and thank you!
Additional race information can be found at http://www.talk-2me.com.
Sign up with confidence : THIS IN PERSON RACE IS HAPPENING
For your safety and for those around you please follow the safety guidelines:
Runners and volunteers should prescreen on race morning. * see prescreen notes below
Runners should maintain a 6 foot distance from others at all times.
Runners should wear a mask in the race staging area, at the start line and finish line. Masks can be removed when you start running.
Runners will be sent out in waves and will line up according to pace. Look for the pace flags along the race start line.
Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available at packet pickup, portable toilets, aid stations, finish line and all areas where there will be touch points.
Runners are encouraged to carry their own hydration to reduce the number of people at aid stations
The finish line will have bottled water that you can pick up yourself.
Runners should put their mask back on as soon as they cross the finish line.
The finish line festival will be smaller than usual this year. We wish we could do more to celebrate your accomplishment.
*Prescreen Notes: Participants, staff, volunteers, attendees, and spectators must stay home if they are feeling ill or experiencing the following symptoms:
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
CDC info for those who need extra precautions –https://www.cdc.gov/aging/covid19-guidance.html
Based on what we know now, those at high-risk* for severe illness from COVID-19 are:
● People 65 years and older
● People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
● People who live or interact frequently with persons with not well controlled underlying medical conditions People of all ages with underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, including:
● People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
● People who have serious heart conditions
● People who are immunocompromised
● Many conditions can cause a person to be immunocompromised, including cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications
● People with severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 40 or higher)
● People with diabetes
● People with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
● People with liver disease
● People with high-blood pressure
*If have more than one risk factor = very high risk
Please wear a mask to the start of the race. Once safely distanced you may take it off. Please keep a mask handy to put on after the finish.
We will have masks available for anyone who needs one. Thank you for your cooperation making it a fun and safe day for all :)
Come out and enjoy this lovely course, on what we hope will be a beautiful day. Enjoy the welcoming start/finish line festivities Hosted by Homestead Country Club. You will also be supporting the life-saving work of Talk 2 Me - A Program of Hope. We are a charity focused on mental health education, physical health, problem solving, solutions, and suicide prevention. We teach coping skills for dealing with depression and anxiety. The 5k run/walk is an actual coping skill in all its glory. You will connect with others, as well as feel better physically and mentally. We thank you in advance for your participation. This is a race to benefit Talk 2 Me - A Program of Hope. You can learn more about the organization and our mission at www.talk-2me.com. Thank you for your support. Our life-saving work is made possible by you
All donations are tax deductible.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Thank you for signing up!
Saturday, Nov. 27th from 1-3pm at the Homestead Country Club - 4100 Homestead Court, Prairie Village, KS 66208
Sunday, Nov. 28, from 7-until race start : Late packet pickup and registration - at the event
Parking: Homestead Country Club parking area at the end of Homestead Court
Finally, Smile you are doing a great thing!
Homestead Country Club
4100 Homestead Court
Prairie Village, KS
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.