In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
This will be our fourth annual marathon/relay marathon from Wichita Brewing Company West to Wichita Brewing Company East. The course is USATF certified for the serious runners. But, will be set up with five interchanges for teams of six runners to run the marathon. The course will stick to the Wichita bike paths as much as possible for the safety of all the runners.
On the morning of March 10th, the race will be kick off at 8 am at Wichita Brewing Company West. The first leg will run to Central and Mt. Caramel. The second leg will run to McLean and St. Paul. The third leg will run to Exploration place the south bridge of the Keeper of the Plains. The fourth leg will run to Pawnee and St. Francis. The fifth leg will run to George Washington and Oliver. The last leg will bring it home to Wichita Brewing Company East, and our new event venue. We will have water at each interchange and in between the interchanges as well. We will stop timing after 6 hours.
Approximate distance between legs.
Leg #1. 4.75 miles
Leg #2. 3.75 miles
Leg #3. 4 miles
Leg #4. 4.5 miles
Leg #5. 4 miles
Leg #6. 5.2 miles
With a paid entry fee, each runner will get a shirt, a participation medal, meal ticket, and 2 beer tickets. We will have a post run party located after the finish line just outside Wichita Brewing Company East, and our new event venue. Also at the post run festivities we will announce winners in their respective categories. The categories are as posted: Top 3 Individual Men, Top 3 Individual Women, Top relay team of only men, top relay team of only women, top 3 relay of mixed teams of men and women(need one woman), then for the adventurous, best costume/team costumes. We are going to cap off the entries at 150 teams and unlimited individuals.
We are donating money that we raise to Kansas Food Bank. For the 2016 race, $5,200 was donated to the Kansas Food Bank and $10,000 in 2017. In 2018 we raised an astounding $17,000.
The Kansas Food Bank's mission is to provide comprehensive and compassionate HungerCare whenever and wherever it is needed to safeguard the health, well-being and productivity of food-insecure Kansas families and their children, as well as senior citizens, the homeless and the chronically ill and impoverished among us.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
1. When is the race? - March 10th, 2019
2. Where will the race be held at? - Wichita Brewing Company West, 8815 W. 13th Street Wichita, Kansas 67212
3. Where / when is packet pick up? - We will have a packet pickup at our production facility on March 9th from 12 - 3 PM. Come take a tour and get your packet and any last second information you need. The warehouse is at 727 E. Osie Wichita, KS 67211. We will also have a packet pickup before the race at Wichita Brewing Co. West.
4. Is it certified? - Yes, it is a Boston Qualifier.
5. How many people can be on my team? - Up to 6.
6. What will the weather be like? - Unfortunately, we cannot predict the weather but the first year it was rainy, the second year it was a bit chilly. Last year it was a beautiful day.
7. Do you run on the road or the sidewalk? - Both. We will have a police at any intersection that requires runners to go through an intersection.
8. Is there any hotels near by? - Yes, the airport has multiple hotels near it.
9. What do you get at the finish line? - A high five! At Wichita Brewing Company East and Venue you will get your meal ticket and two drink tickets for the post - race festivities.
10. Is there any awards? - The categories are as follows - Top 3 Individual Men, Top 3 Individual Women, Top relay team of only men, Top relay team of only women, top 3 relay of mixed teams of men and women, then for adventurous, best costume / best team costumes.
11. How long do we get to finish the race? - 6 hours.
12. Who does the race benefit? - Kansas Food Bank.
13. Can I substitute a runner? - Yes.
14. Will there be water on the course? - Yes, they are located in the course map.
15. Will there be bathrooms on the course? - Yes, they will all be at the runner exchange spots.
16. Where do I park at the start? - We ask that you park at the NE corner of 13th and Tyler at the Wesley parking lot. It is located diagonally from Wichita Brewing Company West.
17. How do I get our team to all the drop off points? - Have one person in your team drive to each exchange point. There you wait for your runner and the next runner can get ready to run.
18. What is new this year? - We will be utilizing our event space to house all the runners, and the award ceremony. Our event space is located in front of our east side location.
19. Can I wear a costume? - Yes, we encourage costumes and reward teams for them!
20. Can I have less than six people on my team? - Yes.
21. What do the shirts look like this year? - Awesome of course! They are still under design and we will know as the date gets closer.
22. I still have a question, who can I contact? - Please email firstname.lastname@example.org