Fall 8K Training Program Dates: Saturday, October 5th through Saturday, December 7th.
About The Program: PGRC’s 8K training program will support participants as they increase capacity and strength, building from a base of 2 – 3 miles to a long run of 5 miles. The program includes two coached runs each week (Tuesday and Saturday), with tips on stretching, winter running safety, and growing stronger as a runner through different types of running sessions and cross training recommendations.The target graduation race is the Wright Stuff 8K race on December 7, 2019.
- Tuesdays at 6:30pm at Herbert Wells Ice Rink parking lot, 5211 Campus Dr., College Park.
- Thursdays at 6:30pm club run or on your own
- Saturday at 8:00am. Meet at Mission BBQ parking lot, 5506 Cherrywood Lane, Greenbelt, MD.
Program Costs: The non-refundable training program fee is $50. All participants must be current members or join the Prince Georges Running Club during training registration. The club membership fee is $20 individual/$25 family/$10 student. To join the club, please visit our website: http://www.pgrc.org/membership/
PLEASE NOTE: The fee for the graduation race IS NOT included in the cost of the training program. This fee must be paid separately by each participant prior to the race. More information on the graduation race registration process will be provided to program participants prior to the end of the training program.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to walk/run 2 miles
- Active PGRC Club membership status
- Participants are required to volunteer at one club event during the program.