In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Run the D with DPD and DMC is a race put on in conjunction with the Detroit Police Department, Detroit Public Safety Foundation (DPSF) and the Detroit Medical Center. The goal is to promote healthy living while raising money and awareness for the DPD Fit wellness initiative and the DPSF.
As organizations committed to supporting physical and mental health, the Run the D Race is the perfect opportunity to engage the community in our mission.
This race will include a warm-up and stretching session with trainers from the DMC. The Detroit Police Department’s Training Center will be participating in the run with cadets in the Police Academy. The cadets will be doing cadences/chants to keep everyone inspired as they run.
The 3-mile course starts in beautiful Brush Mall and takes you through portions of downtown Detroit, ending again at Brush Mall.
The DMC is providing free parking in one of their on-site parking structures. Included with the registration fee, runners will receive an official race t-shirt, medal and drinks/snacks after the race. Virtual runners will receive their t-shirt and medal. Please note: due to an overwhelming response, we might not have all t-shirt sizes available on race day. We will order additional sizes after the race to be mailed out. All registrations made after 3pm on Thursday, October 7th will NOT receive a medal on the day of the race. They WILL receive a medal at a later date.
Registration cost is $40 and is available until the day of the event.
Race registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on October 9th. Warm up exercises with the DMC trainers will begin at 8:30 a.m. and the race will begin at 9:00 a.m.
1) Brady Ave (Front of RIM) to John R St.
2) South on John R St. to E Montcalm St.
3) Turn right (west) on E. Montcalm St. to Witherell St.
4) Turn right (south) on Witherell St. (passing Comerica Park) to Broadway St.
5) Turn left (south) on Broadway St. to John R St. (turn right)
6) Turn right (west) John R (one block over) to Farmer St. (turn left/south/SE)
7) SouthEast on Farmer St. (crossing Gr. River Ave & Gratiot Ave) to Monroe St.
8) Turn right (west) on Monroe St. to Campus Martius Loop (Woodward)
LOOP 1 x around…
9) East (right turn from Woodward loop) back on Monroe St. (crossing Randolph) to Brush St.
10) Turn left (north) on Brush St. back to Brush Mall on DMC Campus
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.