Like Running or Walking? Love Wine? These races are for you!
Join us on Sunday, April 21, 2024 with start times available at 9:00am and 10:00am. Make sure to secure a spot early because both waves will sell out! This event features the scenic views and amazing wines of Fence Stile Vineyards & Winery! Whether you are looking to run, walk or just enjoy the wine these races are a sure thing for a great time and an incredible experience! This race will be timed and scored by J3 Timing. Results will be posted at www.J3Timing.com.
- T-shirt: Super Soft Ring Spun Cotton t-shirt included!
- Wine Glass: Shatterproof, Collapsible, and Portable!
- Finisher Medal: Doubles as a Wine Coaster!
- Race Bib: Chip timed 5k run/walk
- Results Posted Online
- ...and of course, a pour of wine!
2024 Race Swag!!!
Let's Do This!
FREE RACE PHOTOS
Free Race Pics Available for Download at all of our events!!!
31010 W. 124th St.
Excelsior Springs, MO US 64024
There will be vines, and there will be wines!
The Race Starts and Finishes at the Winery and includes trails.
This is a mostly cross country style route. If you're looking for a personal best 5k time this is probably not the best course for you, but if you're looking for the most fun time you've had at a 5k this one is for you!
The course is very suitable for both runners and walkers. We offer a 2 lap course. If you do not feel doing the course twice in the vines, you are more than welcome to step out after lap 1 and do more laps on the wines! Cheers!
We are excited to announce the Local Charity Partner is The LAUGHH Foundation!
This non profit organization focuses on serving those who are underserved, through medical missions, service projects and education programs!
Meat, Cheese, and Hummus Snack packs will be available for purchase after the race. We recommend purchasing a snack pack along with your registration to make sure to reserve some goodies before they run out. Make sure to stick around after the event to enjoy the fine wines and experience the vineyards after the event!
Age Group Awards and More Info!
This event will be offering Age Group Awards! In addition to scoring all of the great swag listed above, the top 1 finisher in each age category also receives a custom age group award!
5 Year Categories: 14 & Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44,. 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & Over
- Competitive Runners, please start with the first group to be eligible for an age group award.
- If your event has wave start times, age group winners must start with the first wave to be eligible for a medal.
- There will be no age group ceremony. Please look up your results at www.J3Timing.com after finishing and if you placed top 1 in your category please visit the registration table to pick up your award.
- Age Group medals will be available for pickup 1 hour after the start of the first wave - age group awards are only available the day of the event and will not be available for shipment once the event has concluded.
- Is the race only for 21+? No, minors are welcome to participate and receive a discounted registration that includes a shirt, medal and bib (these participants will not receive a wine glass or a pour of wine).
Are strollers allowed? You are welcome to use a stroller for this event but it is not recommended due to uneven ground on the course and children in strollers can participate for free and do not need to register.
Is walking allowed? Yes!
Is the race dog friendly? Yes, but please make sure you dog is on a leash.
I still have questions, who do I contact? If you cannot find the answer to your question on this page please use the "questions" button below to submit a question.
Packet Pickup will be Race Day Only and will open an hour before the event starts.
Can I Participate Virtually?
Absolutely! We have been getting many inquiries about virtual participation and have integrated a virtual option into our regular registration.
Please feel free to register through the regular registration link above and you can either:
1) Pick up packet during packet pickup or on the morning of the race, but run on your own (hint: wine ticket is still good if you use this strategy)
2) Contact us at any time to switch to the Virtual Wine Run 5k and we'll ship your packet (There will be a shipping and handling charge per person)
Also, if you intend on running, but later change your mind and would like to do either of these options, that's ok too! If you are definitely going to have us ship your packet and run virtually though, we do recommend you follow the instructions below:
1). Go to runsignup.com/profile and log into your account.
2). Click on "Manage Registration" next to this race.
3). On the next page click on transfer to another race and choose the virtual wine run race.
Professionally Timed By
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.WineRun5k.com.
Check out the Winery!
Kansas City Vineyard Pass
Like Running or Walking? Love visiting amazing local vineyards? This series is for you! Sign up for 2 or more races from the series and score a 20% Discount. Also, if you select "no shirt" you'll save another $5 per race on top of the discount!
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.