In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
While the pandemic has canceled many important moments in our lives, our mission to support breast cancer survivors during treatment and educate our community isn’t canceled, and neither is our 2020 Virtual 5K Walk 4Life.
· Face Mask: The pandemic has changed our 5K to Virtual; we have also changed our T-shirts to Masks. All participants will be recognized with a Face Mask, not a t-shirt that will be distributed on 9/22 and 9/24 from 11am to 1pm and 6-7 pm and 9/27 from 12:30 to 1:30pm. We hope the change from Shirts to Masks does not deter you from your commitment to support women with breast cancer. Now is a time to be safe and publicize the importance of wearing a mask and our committee decided that this is a way to demonstrate the need for mask.
Walk where you are! We will not be gathering at Colonial Park; instead, we encourage you to walk in your neighborhood, Local Park, or wherever else you’re able to socially distance with your family, friends and team members.
Registration: Start your fundraising off with a $35 gift for individual and $25 for seniors/students which provides access to the online fundraising tools and connects participants and teams through virtual communication platforms.
We are inviting our participants & teams to Walk Virtually, because the women facing breast cancer need our support now, as much as ever. Whether it’s emotional support via our support group meetings or one-on-one appointment meetings, financial support through our Breast Cancer Assistance Program, or help navigating their care journey, we must continue to be there for them.
Raise $100 and wear your Special Limited Edition 20th Anniversary Remembrance FACE MASK Gift with pride! Donate $100 to yourself, have friends donate a total of $100 to your fundraising, or a combination of both!
You can purchase Sisters 20th Anniversary ink pen for $5. If you register by 9-11-20 your name will be entered into a raffle to win a pink and black tote bag, "Cancer messed with the wrong Chick!"
The moment you register for Sister2Sister Virtual Walk 4Life, you join us on an empowering journey of supporting underserved women with breast cancer and bettering our community… of celebration and memories. S2S Virtual Walk experience offers everyone fun, meaningful opportunities to help keep our mission "pressing" forward! Take action—register today by:
· Registering yourself and family members for $35 for adults and $25 per youth/college student and seniors.
· Starting a team with your family and friends... or from your workplace, neighborhood or special interest group.
· Donating in memory or celebration of a loved one.
· Fundraising to give others the opportunity to help save lives too. All registrants that register by September 1st are guaranteed a Face Mask. Also, if each registrant Donates $100 they will receive a 20th Anniversary Special Remembrance Gift. (Limit 100 - 20th Anniversary Special Gift).
And don’t forget: registration is required for you to enjoy the full range of the Virtual Walk experience —and it kicks off your support in helping us raise critical dollars to save lives. **Note: if you registered before the COVID-19 pandemic, your registration has automatically transferred to the Virtual Walk; you do not need to re-register**
While registering and fundraising for our Virtual Walk is how you will support Sister2Sister's Breast Cancer Assistance Program, supporting underserved women during treatment. Sharing your activities, inspirations, joy and celebration with our entire community on October 3rd is also key to ensuring our event is memorable and successful for everyone. We encourage every participant to:
· Visit our Facebook and Instagram pages throughout the day to be inspired by live video, photos and comments from your fellow virtual walkers.
· Share your videos, photos and messages from your walk on our Facebook and Instagram pages; share on your own pages too
Now you can fundraise through Facebook and automatically have donations added to your Walk campaign!
A Facebook fundraiser is a convenient, effective and fast way to give friends the opportunity to help you support our cause by making a donation.
For this year only, Face Masks may be mailed for an additional $4.00
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Additional race information can be found at https://runsignup.com/sister2sister5krunwalk4life.
Attached is the 5K Run/Walk Pledge / Donation Collection Form. Register now and you will pay a lower registration fee and have more time to set and reach your fundraising goal!
Use the attached Donation Collection form to solicit to your family and friends. No amount is too small. Once the form is completed mail or turn in the form and funds to S2S, 1201 Hamilton Street, Somerset. The funds will be connected to your name. For every dollar you raise a percentage goes to help a women in treatment: Transportation, rent, utilities, prosthetics, grocery cards and more. Inspire your community and join the fight. Are you ready to join?
Thank you for supporting Sister2sister.
Click the icon below to download the attached PDF.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.