Wayne, NJ US 07470
Note: For WEATHER updates please check the Passaic County Runners' Club website: www.pcrcnj.org
This is the Winter Series Finale Registration. If you would like to be included in the entire "Series" including the "Finale" please register through the 2014 PCRC Winter "Series" event.
Hope to see you out there!!!
The 2014 PCRC Winter Series Finale is the fourth event concluding a series of (4) CHIP TIMED road races.
Benefactor #1: Passaic County Technical Institute Education Foundation
Founded in 1998, the Passaic County Technical Institute Education Foundation is comprised of local business people whose goal is to provide PCTI students with enhanced educational and scholarship opportunities ensuring an optimal education experience.
- To foster supportive community and private sector relationships to service the interest and needs of the students.
- To inform the community about the strengths and challenges faced by PCTI.
- To provide mini-grants to students to develop innovative programs and activities in science and technology, fine and performing arts, language research and culture.
- To provide small grants to PCTI educational staff members to initiate quality projects consistent with the goals of the Foundation and to bring positive attention to PCTI.
- To provide scholarships to students of PCTI for post-secondary opportunities.
- To make distributions, for educational purposes, to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501 (C) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code or any successor statute.
- To seek donations of equipment and funds from business or individuals to support the Foundation’s educational goals and purposes.
Benefactor #2: Passaic County Runners' Club
Benefactor #3: Pete's Feats: Be sure to bring your unused or unwanted sneakers and t-shirts to the Winter Series. Peter Englehardt will collect them from the drop box after each race and share them with the patients of Greystone State Psychiatric Hospital. For information on Pete you'll have to catch up with him at a 5K near you. Go Pete!!!
Why run the Winter Series?: Besides helping to support the PCTi Educational Foundation and fund the Passaic County Runners' Club budget (which is used to support the club's involvement in other local events and in turn various other charities) you will absolutely love it, the people and the comradery that has developed over the last four seasons is quite telling.
The course is moderately challenging. However its completely closed to traffic. Inside there are a number of places to stay warm and use the facilities as needed. Lets also not forget about the piping hot "Bagel Stop" bagel you get after each and every race.
Those who have run the Winter Series always come back the following year. The Custodians of this Passaic County campus do a spectacular job keeping the roadways clear. PCTi also has their own police force which is complemented by the Passaic County Sheriff's Office whose HQ and Training facilities are on compound and just around the corner. Talk about safety!!!.
If thats not enough... just find someone who has run the Winter Series. They'll tell you why! You can also checkout David Franz of the Highland Hashers kickin it in 19:26!!!
Please contact the PCRC if you are interested in Group Pricing or Sponsoring the event.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Those interested in augmenting ($40) their single event registration or joining us for any of the remaining races ($20) can do so onsite the morning of any event. Anytime Series ($30) or Single Event ($10) Registration for those 10& Under and 65& Over will also be available race morning as well. Registration opens at 9:30AM.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.pcrcnj.org.