In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at https://www.southerntierrunningclub.com/.
Welcome to the inaugural July 4th Have a Blast 4 Miler!
1st 200 Participants receive a shirt and finisher's medal around July 4th!
Registration will close once we receive 200 participants.
Due to current Coronavirus outbreak and uncertainty around whether races will be allowed to happen in the July time frame, we've decided to hold the race virtually. What does this mean?
Register for the race like you normally do. You will be mailed your swag and finisher's medal. All of the running will be done on your own during any day in the month of July. Heck, you're even welcome to run the intended race course in Elmira, but please do so solo.
What do I receive for my entry fee?
1) A custom designed short sleeve technical shirt in your choice of unisex sizes (S, M, L, XL, or 2XL)
*Shirt reveal coming in early May!
2) An amazing finisher's medal with a cool spinning feature!
3) A $3 donation to our official race charity, the Southern Tier Food Bank to support Covid19 needs in the community
4) A map of the proposed 4 miler course for 2021 (run it solo in 2020) - Available online.
5) Free shipping of your swag and medal directly to your house.
What could have been...
WHEN: Saturday, July 4, 2020. Starting at 8:00am.
WHERE: The event starts and finishes at Historic Dunn Field in Elmira, NY.
WHY: Proudly supporting two great local causes - the Food Bank of the Southern Tier and STRC's Norm Ward Scholarship Fund
The 1st 1000 participants receive the following with their entry fee and 1 non-perishable food donation:
* Custom fully sublimated short sleeve technical shirt
* Custom finisher's medal celebrating your accomplishment
* 1 Elmira Pioneers baseball ticket to the July 4th night game with fireworks
* Finish by crossing home plate at Dunn Field
* Kids get to meet the Elmira Pioneers at the baseball game
* Meet the Elmira Pionettes cheerleaders at the race
* Chip timed event for quick and accurate results
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
This is the 4 mile course we were supposed to run on July 4, 2020.
During anytime in July, feel free to run this course (less the access to historic Dunn Field, sorry!) by yourself using approved social distancing methods.
Looking forward to 2021! We will certainly Have a Blast!
Click the icon below to download the attached PDF.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.