This fun and unique event will take place on Sunday 2/11 (Super Bowl Sunday) at the Shoppes at South Hills. The cost to participate in the event is $10 but if you show up to the event, you will receive $10 back in Fleet Feet Bucks. We unfortunately need to do this due to a large number of no-shows last year.
How does it work?
We have a 1-ish mile loop mapped out that participants can run/walk between 9 am - 12 noon. For every loop a participant completes, they will earn a square on one of our Super Bowl boards. This year we are adding a 4th board, so there will be a total of 400 boxes up for grabs and the prizes from our friends at Brooks are amazing! The boards will be set up outside Fleet Feet and runners will stop quickly after each loop to write their name in a box. Once the boards are filled, we will randomly pick numbers and post the boards on our social media pages so that everyone can follow along during the Big Game. Winners will be announced after each quarter. We are limiting the event to 100 participants and this event usually sells out.
We are also looking for 6-7 volunteers to help watch the boards in 30-minute shifts. Volunteers will automatically get to put their names in one box on the board AND a Fleet Feet mug! You can run and then volunteer or vice versa. You could even run and then volunteer and then go back to running! You can volunteer for up two 30-minute shifts. Sign up on the volunteer tab of this event page!
Prizes: We are giving away over $1,500 in Brooks apparel, accessories, and gear to the winners. We will pick the numbers in the afternoon before the big game and post the boxes so that everyone can follow along during the game.
Multiplier: Anyone who spends $200+ on Brooks shoes and/or apparel in-store from 2/1-2/10 will have the opportunity to earn a "multiplier" bracelet. The bracelet means that each of your laps will count for TWO boxes instead of one.
Route: The loop is around the Shoppes at South Hills shopping center which is open to traffic. Please use your best judgment when registering minors (also, the prizes are all adult-sized). We will have a portable toilet for use during the event and we will also have a water cooler set up near the boards.
Weather: This event will happen snow or shine. There is no alternate date.
What if I register and then can't attend?
If you let us know (email us at email@example.com) before 11:59 pm on Wednesday 2/7 we will refund your $10 fee, less any RSU fees so that we may open more spots for additional participants.
Rules and other fine print:
1) All participants must register to participate. You won't be able to win a prize if you aren't registered.
2) You must write your first and last name LEGIBLY on your boxes. If we can't read it, you don't win it. Also please try to write the same name on your boxes that is tied to your RSU account and try to avoid nicknames (Betsy for Elizabeth etc.).
3) Some of the prizes will be available for immediate pickup, others may need to be ordered. We will text you with any size requests and update you on how you will receive your prize.
4) The parking lot will be open to traffic all day and you should follow running etiquette by running or walking on the left-hand side when appropriate and being mindful of cars.
5) All laps must be completed by 12 pm as numbers will need to be drawn before the start of the game at 6:30 pm.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.