In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
This event has been cancelled for 2020
After receiving permission to host this event, the State Of Ohio has rescinded the permit to host our East Fork State Park.
The East Fork Backpack Trail Run is where the Dirt Days Trail Series all began. As the name states, the race will take place on the well-established Backpack Trail, at East Fork Lake State Park. The 5.6 mile course is densely wooded, and might give runners the feeling that they are on the Appalachian Trail. The course reverses direction each year.
We have recently been given permission to hold our event. We may be the first live event to take place in our area in months.
However, due to the current situation, we are implementing some changes for 2020:
1. We will have only one event: the one-lap 5.6 mile race
2. To avoid frequent passing, we will NOT be using our traditional handicapping format.
3. We will be using staggered starts. Think of it as a Time Trial format. You will choose your time block (Faster, Middle of the pack, Slower). Faster folks will start earlier to minimize passing. Only one person at a time (we are thinking at least 30 second intervals). Only immediate family members will be allowed to start together.
4. We will be using disposable timing chips to avoid extra contact.
5. All participants must practice physical distancing in and around the Start/Finish and registration area.
6. All participants must wear a face covering while picking up their bib number during check-in. No Exceptions.
7. There will be no race-day on sight registration. No Exceptions. If you do not sign up in advance, do not show up expecting to participate.
8. If you are feeling sick, do not come.
9. There will be no common water stop on the course. We will have bottled water at the finish line.
In addition, we may limit the field depending on the response.
Also, for this event, we are suspending Trail Series T-shirt sales until we find out if there will be additional events. We want to be fair to Fleet Feet, our sponsor. There is a chance that we will get to have four Series events this year.
As you can see, we are taking a conservative approach. We want to run a safe event.
East Fork Lake Ohio State Park
GPS Coordinates to the beach: 39.016999, -84.133509
Important - Race begins and ends at the beach on the SOUTH side of the lake off. Use Route 125 and not Route 32.
All participants will start between 8:30 and 9:30
As the name states, the race will take place on the well-established Backpack Trail, at East Fork Lake State Park.
The course reverses direction each year. Clockwise in even years. Counterclockwise in odd years. (Clockwise for 2020)
Individual Event Awards:
The overall top male and overall top female
Registration Fee: $20. Advance Registration Online or by mail only
About the Dirt Days Trail Series
This is a unique series of trail events in the Greater Cincinnati area. This Series consists of eight dates and ten events. Events will include trail runs of varying distances from about 3 to 11 miles, including a night trail run.. It includes combining your performances in various events to see who are the Dirtiest Dozen men and women. We are excited to be able to put on these slightly different events for the local running community. Run one race or sign up for the series and run them all!
Go to the Dirt Days Trail Series Home Page to learn more about the series
In order to reduce handling, for 2020, we will be using disposable timing chips.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Important - Race begins and ends at the beach on the SOUTH side of the lake off. Use Route 125 and not Route 32.Open in External Application
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.