In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, please contact us.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.muttstachedash.org.
Bring your ‘mutt’ and your ‘stache’, and DASH/WAG/WALK for a cause! Register now for the United Pet Fund’s 2nd annual 5K, the Muttstache Dash, a race/walk to support UPF and benefit regional animal shelters, rescues and animal care groups with resources as they support, house and care for animals until they find their FURever homes.
First 500 pre-registered adult participants will receive a Swag Bag filled with:
T-Shirt - Sizes: Adult S-XXL
Coupons, information, and swag from sponsors
Child participants will receive a t-shirt only. Sizes: Child S-L
Awards will be given to winners in the following categories:
5K Humans - Overall Fastest Time Winners:
Top 3 males
Top 3 females
Top 3 children 12 and under
5K Humans + Dog:
Top 3 human/dog finishers through the finish line will be given medals upon their finish. They are not eligible for their gender category.
For safety purposes, race participants will be separated into two waves. The first wave is for runners (no dogs), with competitive runners at the front of the pack and recreational runners to the rear. The second wave, starting a few minutes later, is for runners with dogs.
Since this is a chip-timed event with a start mat, there is no disadvantage to starting in the second wave. This grouping will help the more competitive runners to sprint ahead without being inadvertently tripped up by a leash or blocked by slower-paced participants.
There will be a water stop for the 5k participants at (approximately) the 1.1 mile marker for both people and dogs.
To make this event as pleasant as possible for all involved we ask that all participants with dogs follow a few simple rules:
1. Your dog must be at least 6 months of age, in good health, and current on all vaccinations. Please do not bring a dog who is in heat. For the safety of all participants, if a dog is noted to be agressive to other dogs or humans, UPF reserves the right to not allow the dog to participate in the run/walk event.
2. Please keep dogs on a 6 foot or shorter lead and have them walk or run close to you. NO RETRACTABLE LEADS are permitted. As people maneuver through the pack during the race, we do not want them to be tripped up with extended leads.
3. Please be certain your dog is comfortable running at your pace before deciding to bring him or her. We want this to be a pleasant experience for everyone, the four-legged participants as well. If your dog is not comfortable running or stops and starts quite a bit, please consider walking with him that day for the safety of the others as well as for the comfort of your pooch.
4. Please pick up after all your dog's messes, including along the route—also a park rule. It is not pleasant for a runner or walker to step in an unexpected surprise! Use the swag-bag dog waste bags when needed. Trash bins will be accessible along the race route.
5. We are encouraging children and families to attend and participate. Pet parents…please be certain to watch your dog's reaction around crowds and especially children. Human parents…please also keep an eye on your child's interactions with the dogs as some dogs are more reactive than others. We want this to be a fun and safe event for all involved!
Stay updated with news and reminders! Check out our website at www.muttstachedash.org
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?