Since the dawn of time way back in 2001 MIT has trudged their way up from the Old and Tangy River Saturday after Saturday. They run cursing up inclines such as Hotel Hill, Dead Poets, the Worthington Hills hills along with many, many more.
Yet no incline thrust such savagery at these dutiful runners and walkers as does Mount FrontRunner. Like Edmund Hillary before them these climbers of tens of feet per mile fight tooth and nail until they reach the summit.
That was until COVID arrived. The finnicky beast fought us off the mountain. But no more! Or at least not for one fall Sunday in November!
Yes! We are returning to the summit of all summits for a one-time engagement! Join us for the Mount FrontRunner Marathon on Sunday, November 15th!
The Mount FrontRunner Marathon is a socially distanced, USATF certified Half and Full Marathon! For you crazies looking for a Boston Qualifier, it will be USATF certified, and registered with the B.A.A., NYRR and more!!
So how will it work?!
- This event is open to past and current members of MIT and Team FrontRunner only! Any non-MIT/Team FR participants will be removed from the event, and refunded less the RunSignUp Processing Fee, and a $5 processing fee to MIT.
- Registration deadline is October 15th. Absolutely no registration will be permitted after October 15th.
- Register for the event.
- During registration you will need to provide the distance (half or full), and your estimated finish time.
- Your distance and estimated finish time will determine your starting time.
- You will be placed in waves of 3-5 participants with similar distance and estimating finishing times.
- Worthington Industries located at 200 W Wilson Bridge Rd, Worthington OH 43085 will serve as Race HQ.
- Participants will be staged in their waves 20 minutes prior to their assigned start time.
- Participants are required to wear a mask in the staging area.
- Participants MUST be at the staging area 20 minutes prior to assigned start time, or risk missing their wave start time.
- Waves will start every 2 minutes beginning at 7:00am with the final start occurring at 10:00am.
- Participants missing their wave start time will not be permitted to start and will not receive a refund.
- The course heads from Worthington Industries, down Wilson Bridge Rd to the Olentangy Trail.
- Once on the Olentangy Trail participants run to the 6.55 mile turn around point and return the way they came back to Worthington Industries.
- Half Marathoners run 1 full loop.
- Full Marathoners repeat the course.
- Bottled water will be provided at approximately 2.25 miles, 5 miles, and 6.55 miles, 8, miles, and 10.75 miles.
- Fully Automated Timing and splits will be provided at the start, 6.55, 13.1, 18.65, and finish lines.
- The course closes at 5pm.
- Please note: the course is not a closed course. There may be others on the path. Follow all trail rules and common courrtesies of trail etiquette.
- After finishing participants will be asked to keep moving and return to their vehicles. No congregating at the finish will be permitted.
What do you get?!
- USATF certified, electronically timed Half or Full Marathon.
- Mount FrontRunner Marathon Brooks Podium Tee
- Mount FrontRunner Marathon Finisher’s Medal
- Mount FrontRunner Summit Recovery Pack
- $30 - through September 15th
- $35 - September 16th to September 30th
- $40 - October 1st to October 15th
More about the wave start and cutoff:
- Beginning at 7:00am waves of 3-5 participants will start.
- Waves start every 2 minutes.
- Start times will be announced on November 1st.
- Participants need to be in parking lot staging area 20 minutes before their assigned start time.
- Final wave starts at 10:00am
- Course closes at 5pm.
- Final lap for full marathoners must begin by 1:30pm.
- Participants not able to start the second by 1:30pm will be required to stop and will be moved to the half marathon.
- To ensure we keep all participants on schedule to start we will not allow late starts. If you miss your start time you will not be permitted to race. You will not receive a refund.
Fit For Life Physical Therapy: Official Sports Medicine Provider with onsite medical tent, free prerace injury screens, free prerace AlterG for 20 miler weeks, free post race injury clinic with finisher gear pickup, free NormaTec week after race.