In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
About the Bull Run: The 7th Annual Cowchip Day Bull Run 5k & Fun Run returns to the Warner Connors State College on October 6th, 2018. The run will be one of many events going on for Warner's Annual Cow Chip Festival. Registration is only $25 for the 5k and the Fun Run and if you sign up before September 30th you will get a guaranteed T-shirt. Medals will be awarded to the top 3 male and female finishers in USATF Age Groups and trophies to the top male and female overall finishers.
Where: Warner Connors State College Campus
Date: October 6th, 2018
Time: 5k at 8:00 am, 1 mile Fun Run will start at 8:02
5k Course: USATF certified 5k Course - Warner Bull Run 5k, USATF # OK12114DG, Click Here to see course map
Registration Fees: $25 for 5k & Fun Run
Registration & Shirts: If you pre-register by September 30th you will get a guaranteed t-shirt! Race day sign is available for $25 and will start at 6:30 am in the Connors State College Gym. Shirts are while supplies last for race day sign ups.
Male: Jack VanDaley of Warner Ok - 17:58 (2016)
Female: Kayla Doss of Owasso - 20:14 (2015)
- In 2012 over 100 runners ran in cold temps and snow furies in early October for the first annual Bull Run
- In 2013 over 130 runners ran on a cold rainy morning.
- In 2014 it poured about an hour before the start of the race, but it cleared up enough to have both course records set and a record number of 5k finishers at 163.
- 2015 we finally had good weather for this event and it showed in the results. Both the Female (Kayla Doss of Owasso 20:14) and the Male (Jesus Arteaga of Muskogee - 18:45) course records were broken)
- 2016 another year of great weather and course record set by Warner High School runners Jack VanDelay who ran a 17:58.
- 2017: The first place male and female come in under the course record times, but they seemed suspiciously fast at 16:03 and 20:09. After a few minutes, it was discovered that the lead runners, which were all high school cross country runners, were turned around early at water plant. The next wave of experience runners went on to the actually turnaround and all the rest of the runners followed. Course records were nullified, but all the times were allowed for the age group awards.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?