In consideration of you accepting this entry, I, the participant, intending to be legally bound and hereby waive or release any and all right and claims for damages or injuries that I may have against the Event Director Whitefish Legacy Partners, RunSignUp.com, and all of their agents assisting with the event, sponsors and their representatives and employees for any and all injuries to me or my personal property. This release includes all injuries and/or damages suffered by me before, during or after the event. I recognize, intend and understand that this release is binding on my heirs, executors, administrators, or assignees.
Open waiver in new window
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Whitefish Trail Legacy Run, I hereby agree to release, indemnify and discharge Whitefish Legacy Partners, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my spouse, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge and fully understand that I will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from my own actions, inaction’s or negligence, but the actions, inaction’s or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known to me or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
2. I assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability, or death. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I agree that as a requirement to participating, I will take all necessary safety precautions.
4. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
5. I hereby voluntarily, release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Whitefish Legacy Partners and its members, or affiliated owners, operators, employees, directors, agents, instructors, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring companies, affiliated sales representatives and advertisers, all of which are hereinafter referred to as “releasees,” from any and all liability to each of the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all damage to persons or property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in party by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
This agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Montana, and Whitefish Legacy Partners shall be entitled to attorney fees and costs in the event I file a legal action against them. If any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
I also certify as a material condition to my being permitted to enter this race that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained for the completion of this event and that my physical condition has been verified by a licensed Medical Doctor. By submitting this entry, I acknowledge (or a parent or adult guardian for all children under 18 years) having read and agreed to the above waiver.
BY ACCEPTING THIS DOCUMENT, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF ANYONE IS HURT OR PROPERTY IS DAMAGED DURING MY PARTICIPATION IN THIS ACTIVITY, I MAY BE FOUND BY A COURT OF LAW TO HAVE WAIVED MY RIGHT TO MAINTAIN A LAWSUIT AGAINST THE RELEASEES ON THE BASIS OF ANY CLAIM FROM WHICH I HAVE RELEASED THEM HEREIN. I HAVE HAD SUFFICIENT OPPORTUNITY TO READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.