PARTICIPANT GENERAL RELEASE AND AGREEMENT
(This release must be signed prior to participation in the Event.)
In consideration of (i) permission to use Gillette Stadium located at One Patriot Place in Foxborough, Massachusetts, Dana Farber Field House, or any other related facility (“Facilities”), for the Event and/or (ii) participation in the above described Event, Participant, individually, and on behalf of Participant’s spouse, child/children, family, relatives, heirs, successors, and assigns (if applicable) (collectively, “Participant”) hereby agrees:
1. To release and forever discharge all entities and persons associated and affiliated with the Facilities (including, but not limited to, New England Patriots LLC, NPS LLC, Foxboro Realty Associates LLC, Kraft Group LLC, Kraft Soccer LLC, New England Patriots Alumni Club, Inc., The Gillette Company, and their respective officers, members, owners, employees, agents, and representatives) (together the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims or liabilities pertaining to any and all injuries (including death) and/or damages Participant and/or Participant’s property may sustain in connection with the Event and/or the Facilities;
2. To release and forever discharge the Released Parties from any and all other claims or liabilities, in equity and law, Participant et al. may have may have against any of the Released Parties relating to the Event and/or the Facilities, even if those claims or liabilities arise out of the negligence, gross negligence, willful misconduct, or carelessness of one or more of the Released Parties;
3. To defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all demands, claims, disputes, actions, causes of action, losses, damages, penalties, recoveries, judgments or executions, costs, and expenses (including attorneys fees), of any and every kind, arising from or in connection with Participant’s use of the Facilities and/or involvement in the Event;
4. That the number and magnitude of the claims and liabilities released hereto may not currently be fully known, but nevertheless to release those unknown claims;
5. That photographs, videos, and other images of Participant may be taken during the Event and to assign all rights in those items to New England Patriots LLC;
6. That Participant’s image and likeness may be used, without compensation to Participant et al., by the Released Parties and/or their designees in connection with uses authorized by the Released Parties;
7. That use of the Facilities and participation in the Event by Participant is voluntary and the inherent dangers of the Event, if any, are fully understood;
8. That Participant shall be liable for any damages to the Facilities caused by Participant; and
9. That this Participant General Release and Agreement shall take effect as a sealed instrument and shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. If any part of this release is deemed unenforceable for any reason, the rest shall remain in full force and effect.
If, as of the Event Date, Participant has not reached 18 years of age, this form must be signed by Participant’s parent or legal guardian on behalf of Participant. The parent or legal guardian further agrees that the General Release and Agreement remains legally binding on as though the parent or legal guardian was named as the participant.
I hereby attest that I have read, fully understand, and agree without exception to all the provisions, releases, and waivers outlined this Participant General Release and Agreement. I understand that this document is a legally binding document that limits the legal liability of the Released Parties. I attest, under penalty of fraud, that I am at least 18 years of age, and, if I am signing for a minor, that I am that minor’s parent or legal guardian.
By: ____________________________________ Name: _________________________________ Date: __________________________________
NOTE: A legal guardian must be appointed or approved by the court. For example, a camp counselor or school chaperone is not a legal guardian for children under his or her supervision.