COMPETITORME PARTICIPANT CONSENT, RELEASE & WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Open waiver in new window
In consideration for allowing me to participate in this event, I hereby take the following action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs next of kin, successors and assigns, or anyone else who might claim or sue on my behalf, and I expressly acknowledge that it is my intent to take these actions: (a) I AGREE to abide by the Competitive Rules adopted by this event (b) I AGREE that prior to participating in this event I will inspect the race course, facilities, equipment, and areas to be used and if I believe any are unsafe I will immediately advise the person directing the event; (c) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE from any and all claims, losses (economic and non-economic), or liabilities, for death, personal injury, partial or permanent disability, property damage, medical or hospital bills, theft, or damages of any kind, which may in the future arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in or my traveling to or this event, THE FOLLOWING PERSONS OR ENTITIES: JONATHAN KELLEY DBA COMPETITORME, TOWN OF MAPLETON, MAPLETON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, EVENT SPONSORS, RACE DIRECTORS, EVENT PRODUCERS, VOLUNTEERS, ALL STATES, CITIES, COUNTRIES, OR OTHER GOVERNMENTAL BODIES OR LOCATIONS IN WHICH EVENTS OR SEGMENTS OF EVENTS ARE HELD, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS OF ANY OF THE ABOVE, EVEN IF SUCH CLAIMS, LOSSES, OR LIABILITIES ARE CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF THE PERSONS I AM HEREBY RELEASING OR ARE CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY; I ACKNOWLEDGE that there may be traffic or persons on the course route, and I ASSUME THE RISK OF RUNNING, OR PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT under these circumstances. I also ASSUME ANY AND ALL OTHER RISKS associated with participating in this event including but not limited to falls, contact and/or effects with other participants, effects of weather including heat, cold, and/or humidity, defective equipment, the condition of the roads, water hazards, contact with other runners, and any hazard that may be posed by spectators or volunteers, all such risks being known and appreciated by me; and I further acknowledge that these risks include risks that may be the result of the negligence of persons or entities mentioned above in subparagraph (c) or of other persons or entities. I FURTHER COVENANT AND AGREE NOT TO SUE any of the persons or entities mentioned above in subparagraph (c) for any of the claims, losses, or liabilities that I have waived, released, or discharged herein; and I INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the persons or entities mentioned above in subparagraph (c) from any and all expenses incurred, claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses, arising out of or resulting from, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, (i) my actions or inactions, (ii) my breach or failure to abide by any part of this AWRL including but not limited to my covenant not to sue; (iii) my breach or failure to abide by any of the Competitive Rules; or (iv) any other harm caused by me. I FURTHER GRANT FULL PERMISSION to any and all of the above parties to use my name and/or likeness relating to my participation in this event, as well as use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, website images, recordings or any other record of this event, and I WAIVE all rights to any future compensation to which I may otherwise be entitled as a result of the use of my name, image, or likeness.
COMPETITORME VOLUNTEER CONSENT, RELEASE & WAIVER OF LIABILITY
In consideration of being permitted to assist/volunteer at this event, I hereby agree as follows:
1. I volunteer to assist in the activities related to the Event. I understand that my assisting/volunteering may involve risk of physical injury to me or others, damage to my property, or other consequences, which might result from my own actions, in actions of negligence and/or the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the rules of the Event, condition of the premises, weather conditions, or condition of any of the equipment used in the Event. There may also be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable.
2. On behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, and anyone else who might sue on my behalf, I HEREBY WAIVER, RELEASE, and FOREVER DISCHARGE COMPETITORME, all Event sponsors, Event producers, Event staff, administrators, officials, contractors, vendors, and organizers (including race directors), athletes, all other persons or entities involved with an Event, states, cities, towns, and other governmental bodies and locations in which an Event or portions of an Event takes place, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, insurers, other participants and representative of all the above (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses (economic and non-economic), and liabilities of every kind (collectively “Claims”), for death, personal injury, or property damage, which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my assistance/participation in, or my traveling to or from, and CompetitorME Event, including but not limited to Claims for theft, damage to any equipment, negligence, partial or permanent disability, Claims relation to the provision of first aid, medical care, medical treatment, or medical decisions (at an Event site or elsewhere), and any Claims for medical or hospital expenses.
3. I assume any and all risk for injury to person or property, or any other consequesnce arising out of my assisting in, participating in, or volunteering in the Event, including travel en route to and from the Event. I HEREBY WAVIE AND RELEASE MY LEGAL RIGHT TO SUE FOR ANY INJURY OR OTHER DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM MY VOLUNTEERING.
4. I FURTHER COVENANT and AGREEN NOT TO SUE any of the Released Parties for any of the Claims that I have waived, released, or discharged herein. I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARLESS the Released Parties from any and all expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, including but not limited to attorney’s fees and litigation expenses, arising out of or resulting from, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, my breach or failure to abide by part of this Waiver Agreement, and my actions or inactions which cause injury or damage to any other person.
5. I acknowledge and agree to allow my photograph, likeness and/or voice to appear in any documentary, promotional (including advertisements), television, radio or film coverage of the Event, without compensation or further notice, and I agree to assign all copyright or other interests therein to CompetitorME.
6. The parent or legal guardian who Agrees to this Waiver Agreement on behalf of a minor, incapacitated and/or mentally challenged person (hereinafter “Said Person”), hereby acknowledges that he or she has the legal capacity and authority to act on behalf of Said Person to legally bind Said Person to the Waiver Agreement. The parent or legal guardian who Agrees to the Waiver Agreement agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties for any expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, as a result of ay insufficiency of legal capacity or authority to act on behalf of Said Person in the execution of the Waiver Agreement.
7. If any provision of this Waiver Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Waiver Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.