RELEASE OF SPECIAL OLYMPICS PENNSYLVANIA
AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY, AND PARENTAL CONSENT AGREEMENT
In consideration of participating in the Special Olympics Pennsylvania Beaver Stadium Run, which is a 3.1 mile run or a 2 mile Family Fun Walk (referred to a the “Run”), I hereby enter into this Release Of Special Olympics And Waiver Of Liability, Assumption Of Risk, and Indemnity, and Parental Consent Agreement (the “Release Agreement).
1. I represent that I understand the nature of a 3.1 mile run or 2 mile Family Fun Walk and that I and/or my minor child am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in the Run. I further acknowledge that the Run will be conducted over public roads and facilities open to the public during the Run and upon which traffic hazards are to be expected. I acknowledge that if I and/or my minor child believe event conditions are unsafe, I and/or my minor child will immediately discontinue participation in the Run.
2. I fully understand that a 3.1 mile run or a 2 mile Family Fun Walk event involves risks of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death, which may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, those of others participating in the event, the conditions in which the event takes place, or the conduct of the Releasees (as defined below); and that there may be other risks either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages I and/or my minor child incur as a result of my and/or my minor child’s participation in the Run.
3. With full knowledge of the matters described above, I hereby release, discharge, and covenant not to sue Special Olympics, Inc. or Special Olympics Pennsylvania or their respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers, administrators or agents, as well as other participants in, or any sponsors or advertisers of the Run, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Run takes place, (collectively the "Releasees") from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages for any injuries of any kind or nature, or death, that I may suffer or my minor child may suffer as a result of participation in the Run that is or may be caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the conduct of one or more of the Releasees, including, without limitation, negligent rescue operations.
4. I further agree that if, despite this release, waiver of liability, and assumption of risk I, or anyone on my and/or my minor child's behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the Releasees from any loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
5. I have read this Release Agreement and I understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it. I have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extend allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this Release Agreement is held to be invalid the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.