(1) This waiver (the “Waiver”) is being entered into by me (the “Registrant”) on behalf of myself and each participant who I enter (whether an athlete, official or supporter) (a “Participant”) who is taking part in the CARIFTA Triathlon, Aquathlon and Mixed Team Relay 2022 event (the “Event”).
(2) The Event is being organized, run and sanctioned by the Bermuda Triathlon Association (the “BTA”) and is being run under and in accordance with the Competition Rules of the BTA (the “Rules”). In addition to directors, officers and volunteers of the BTA, the Event will be officiated by a number of World Triathlon technical officials (“TOs”), and the Event courses will be marshalled by a number of volunteers (RunSignup.com, the BTA, its directors, officers, employees and agents, the TOs, the volunteers and all other persons involved with organizing, running and putting on the Event are collectively referred to herein as “Indemnified Persons” and each an “Indemnified Person”).
(3) By making this entry, the Registrant on behalf of the Participants understands and acknowledges that he/she is legally agreeing to the statements in the following paragraphs of this Waiver and that these statements are being accepted by the BTA and each other Indemnified Person in consideration for allowing each Participant to participate in the Event; the Registrant further understands and acknowledges that her/his statements are being relied upon by the Indemnified Parties.
(4) On behalf of each Participant, her/his executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, and anyone else who might sue on a Participant’s behalf, the Registrant HEREBY WAIVES, RELEASES and FOREVER DISCHARGES each Indemnified Person from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses (economic and non-economic), and liabilities of every kind (collectively "Claims"), for death, personal injury, or property damage, which may arise out of, result from, or relate to each Participant’s participation in the Event.
(5) The Registrant, on behalf of each Participant:
· acknowledges and ASSUMES ALL OF THE RISKS and aspects of the Event;
· acknowledges that running, cycling, swimming and other portions of the Event are inherently dangerous;
· understands that she/he will be participating in the Event at her/his own risk;
· understands that she/he is waiving and releasing her/his legal rights to sue for any injury or damages arising out of or resulting from the Participant’s participation in the Event;
· understands that any injury or damages incurred may be the result of negligence, omission or carelessness by an Indemnified Person.
(6) The Registrant on behalf of each Participant authorizes the use of photographs or videos that include any Participant’s image for promotional, informational, or other reasons deemed to be in the best interest of the Event.
(7) The Registrant on behalf of each Participant further covenants and agrees that no Participant shall sue or bring any legal action of any nature against any of the Indemnified Persons for any of the Claims that she/he has waived, released, or discharged in this Waiver.
(8) The Registrant in making these entries and who enters into this Waiver on behalf of a minor Participant hereby acknowledges that he or she has the legal capacity and authority to act on behalf of the Participant to legally bind the Participant on the terms set out in this Waiver. The Registrant who enters into this Waiver on behalf of a minor Participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Indemnified Persons for any expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, as a result of any insufficiency of legal capacity or authority to act on behalf of the Participant in the execution of this Waiver
By submitting these entries, the Registrant acknowledges having read and agreed to this Waiver.