Lake George Milestone Sticker Pack (10) — $32.00 ea.
This option is for shipping to U.S. addresses only.
Custom 3" die-cut stickers of our iconic Lake George Milestone badges. Thick, durable vinyl protects your stickers from scratches, water & sunlight. Includes:
- Diane's Rock (The Start) - Named for Diane Struble, the 25-year-old single mother of three young girls who, in August 1958, became the first recorded person to swim the length of Lake George. This is the ceremonial start of most (north>south) attempts across Lake George.
- Anthony's Nose (Mile 5) - Anthony's Nose is a nature preserve offering spectacular views, along with cliffs that are a regular breeding location for the threatened peregrine falcon. An aerial view of this formation makes it look like a nose.
- Silver Bay (Mile 10) - Silver Bay is a hamlet on Lake George that lies on a small beautiful bay.
- Harbor Islands (Mile 15) - Harbor Islands is a small cluster of islands that includes Hecker Island, where an order of the Roman Catholic church called The Paulist Fathers built a chapel in 1903, and host retreats there each summer. This chapel is visible from the water as you swim by.
- The Narrows (Mile 20) - The Narrows is a stretch of water near the Tongue Mountain range, that features a number of islands, bays and coves. It is the final marker before swimmers break out into wider expanse of the lake.
- Dome Island (Mile 23) - Considered the centerpiece of Lake George's scenic setting, Dome Island is a secluded, forever-wild island that is also the highest on the lake, at 76 feet.
- Pilot Knob (Mile 25) - Pilot Knob is a preserve offering fabulous views of Lake George, as well as an extended waterfall hike. There is a well-known gazebo marking the end of the hiking trail used for rest and relaxation.
- Diamond Isle (Mile 29) - Lake George was the site of many battles during the American Revolution, including the little-known Battle of Diamond Island. Today, a Peace Obelisk made of stone from nearby Prospect Mountain stands on the island.
- Finish (Mile 32) - The finish line in Lake George Village, 32 miles from the start and the site of Million Dollar Beach, The Lake George Steamboat Co., Fort William Henry, and other well-known sites.
- Bonus: Virtual LG Marathon Swim Logo
Note: Stickers will be ordered once registration closes. They will take 2-3 weeks to be received which accounts for order placement, production, shipping in, fulfillment, and shipping out time.
Limited quantities. Add S&H costs to U.S.
Available until August 21, 2021 11:59pm EDT