In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
We are looking forward to seeing you on August 22th for the annual Furry Friends 5K. You can expect a safe and fun event. Please take the time to review the following details so you understand how the 2020 race will look and be different than in the past.
Goal: To give you, the runners and walkers competing in our event, a competitive racing experience in compliance with all CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines.
• Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
• Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
• Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 14 days prior to the event.
• All attendees are expected to wear face coverings, except while on course racing.
• Participants must register online in advance. No paper registration will be offered. No race day registration will be available for any reason. You have until Noon Monday August 17th to register for this event.
• Participants will sign up for a designated start time. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time that are available on a first come, first serve basis.
• Start Times for the 2020 race will be as follows: Timed Participants: 9:00, 9:05, and 9:10. Untimed participants: 11:00, 11:05, 11:10, and 11:15.
• Pickup of your race bib and shirt prior to race day is strongly encouraged. Pickup will take place Friday from 3PM-6PM at the Humane Society of Jefferson County.
Selecting your start time:
Time to Pick Your Start Time! First Come First Served.
1. Click here: https://runsignup.com/Race/MyRegisteredRaces
2. Find the Furry Friends 5K and click "Manage Registration"
3. In the menu select START TIMES
4. Select your start time from the options available, and click Save Changes.
If you will not be attending, please select the "Not Racing" start time so that we do not hold a spot for you.
• Participants should line up on the designated markings (6 feet apart) no earlier than 5 minutes before their designated time.
• Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area. You should approach the starting line ready to run.
• Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line. Please line up on the markings provided.
• Timed participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will start.
• The start line closes at 9:15 for timed participants. Anyone not started by that time will not be permitted on course.
• Minimal volunteers or marshals will be on course. It is your responsibility to know the course, and run it safely.
• Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the course. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 6 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Participants may pass only when there are not any oncoming runners approaching from the opposite direction. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 6 feet behind and then 6 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the pathway.
• Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
• To prevent gatherings, results will not be posted on site.
• Participants who opted in during the registration process will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
• Results will be updated throughout the day at http://www.ItsRaceTime.com/Results.aspx?ID=2361
Join the race to help homeless pets at the Humane Society of Jefferson County’s Annual Furry Friends 5K Run/Walk. This family-friendly and dog-friendly event will take place at the Jefferson County Fair Park. The scenic, flat course ensures that first time walkers and runners can comfortably participate alongside more serious runners. Along with the race, the day will feature dog lure course, many area vendors, bobbing for tennis balls, a 50/50 raffle, music and more! Please adhere to safe social distancing guidelines and wear a mask when not on the race course.
Additional race information can be found at http://furryfriends5k.org.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.