In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
A BOLD NEW TRAIL RUNNING SERIES taking place in the beautiful Southern Kettle Moraine State Forrest.
We produce a stress free, extremely organized and fun yet challenging event for every runner, regardless of experience level. This is a 4 race trail running series with three distance options at each event (short, mid and long). Never tried trail running? Come give it a shot, we're here to help with gear, technique and any other questions you might have. Go for it!
COVID-19 Update #1: The First event of the series is now the last! Scuppernong has been postponed until October 25th, 2020. All athletes are automatically transferred into the new race date. Beginning on September 1st, 2020, athletes who are unable to attend the event because of the date change will be able to switch to a virtual option and receive their race gear, bib and finishers medal in the mail after the race date free of charge. Thank you in advance for your understanding as we work through logistics and work to ensure every athlete is taken care of. We look forward to having you race with us in October!
COVID-19 Update #2: We continue to make adjustments with the current situation and recommendations regarding COVID-19 and how to safely go about hosting an event. We have made one FINAL change to the series schedule and will not make any more changes to series schedule. Our Scuppernong race has been moved to October 25th and our Nordic race is now being run on August 30th. This makes the start of our series on August 15th at McMiller Trail Head. Please note: We will not be hosting any of these runs as a virtual run, but rather, if needed will host each event as a social distance race (details to come if that is the option we need to choose). We will 100% host all these event in person, running on a marked course with aid stations, race photos, official chip times, music, beer and all the swag and goodies we look forward to with a trail race. Thank you so much for your continued support of this series during this tough time. Please remember to support all your local small race companies by participating in virtual races as well as your local running specialty stores. We will get through this together and we look forward to a strong and thriving running industry in the near future!
* If you are unable to make the new race dates because of previous commitments, please let us know and we will be happy to switch you to the virtual event option so you can still participate and receive your gear / medal to complete your map of the southern kettle by connecting the four medals :)
Get out in the trails and get your running in - stay safe and keep your social distancing / face mask game strong :)
Race Website: www.mammothendurance.com/goldenkettletrailseries
1. McMiller | August 15, 2020
- short (3 miles / 262ft climb)
- mid (6.5 miles / 620ft climb)
- long (11 miles / 1,083ft climb)
2. Nordic (POSTPONED) | August 30, 2020
- short (3.6 miles / 185ft climb)
- mid (6.4 miles / 322ft climb)
- long (9.2 miles / 574ft climb)
3. Oleson Cabin | October 3, 2020
- short (3.5 miles / 269ft climb)
- mid (7 miles / 643ft climb)
- long (12 miles / 1,024ft climb)
4. Scuppernong (POSTPONED) | October 25, 2020
- short (3.1 miles / 292ft climb)
- mid (5 miles / 404ft climb)
- long (10 miles / 808ft climb)
1. Built in discount into all four series races.
2. Official 2020 Golden Kettle Trail Series decal.
3. Exclusive series runner coupons from sponsors.
4. $5 credit to use on series merchandise.
5. 4 incredibly organized trail races.
6. FREE professional runner photos at all events.
7. Accurate chip timed race results.
8. 4 awesome connecting finisher medals.
- put them together for a map of the southern unit!
9. Pot luck style post race spread.
10. Well marked trails & stocked aid stations.
11. Live music in the Golden Kettle Village.
12. Free locally brewed craft beer.
13. Free park entry for all 4 races.
1. One incredibly organized trail race.
2. FREE professional runner photos.
3. Accurate chip timed race results.
4. Awesome finisher medal.
5. Pot luck style post race spread.
6. Well marked trails & stocked aid stations.
7. Live music in the Golden Kettle Village.
8. Free locally brewed craft beer.
9. Free day entry into the trails.
No Cups / No Plastic Water Bottles | At all our events, we're eliminating the use of cups at aid stations as well as plastic water bottles at the finish. We will have water fill up stations in the GK Village. PLEASE make sure you run with a handheld or pack to fill up with water or electrolytes while out on course.
Fallen trees = finisher medals | All our finisher medals are made from wood that has been harvested from trees in the Southern Kettle Moraine Forrest. We use hemp as a ribbon and have every intention to continue this awesome process to lower our footprint and have a unique award for finishers.
Clothing | The average American throws away 80lbs of clothing a year. If you're like me, you have SO many race shirts that just stack up and rarely get worn. We're changing that - no race shirt means a lower registration price and less waste from our event. Don't worry, we do have awesome merchandise and gear for sale during registration and at the event. If you like the designs / want to rep the series, you can!
Garbage Bins Everywhere | You'll notice we have A LOT of garbage and recycle bins throughout the village. Use them, and please help us keep the area clean. The goal is always to pack up and leave the space just like it was when we arrived - as if we were never there :). If we see you throwing trash on the ground around the village or on the trail, we will pull your bib and DQ you from the race.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.