In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Sign up by October 14th to guarantee your shirt!
Join us in our returning live run/walk event this year!! We are blocking off a lane of HWY 41 in order for everyone to have a safe run and walk over the bridge. As if that wasn't already a gorgeous view, participants will enjoy part of the course on Punta Gorda's own Harbor Walk side walk. This route is 5 Kilometers (or 3.1 miles).
THIS RACE IS DOG AND STROLLER FRIENDLY!!!!
If you prefer not to do that route there is a walk only option that will take place after the race. This will act as a vigil to remember all those who were lost early in life to drowning. Help Just Against Children Drowning prevent more drownings by attending our walk or race or even by donating. All race profits go towards free swimming lessons for kids and other drowning prevention tools.
The Run/Walk is a professionally chip timed event timed by Beach Bum Timing.
The Vigil Walk only is not timed.
We also have virtual options for both events. Submit your times between November 1st and 20th and run the race or do the walk anywhere you like. There are no age group awards for the run but we will send you a shirt and finishers medal in the mail with this option. For the virtual Vigil walk it is just the shirt.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Hot Breakfast provided by Leroy's Southern Kitchen!!!!
- Very well designed, high quality shirt
- Excellent finisher's medal
- Age group awards will go to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places to both male and female in the following categories: 0-9,10-14,15-19,20-24,25-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45-49,50-54,55-59,60-64,65-69,70-74,75+
- Overall awards will go to the top male and female in each of these categories: Overall, Masters, Grand Masters, Senior Grand Masters and Veterans.
- Lots of raffle prizes!!!! Raffle tickets included in packet but more are available for purchase day of.
SCHEDULE - Subject to change
6:30am - on site registration and packet pick up.
7:15am - Announcements, Star Spangled Banner and getting in position to run/walk.
7:30am - Race begins.
8:45am - Awards.
9:05am - Moment of silence and guest speaker.
9:15am - Vigil walk across the bridge.
10:30am - Raffle prize announcements.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.