In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The Delaware Running Festival has been RESCHEDULED to Sunday, August 2, 2020. Just like the rest of the world, the running community is reacting to the coronavirus pandemic as we receive new information daily. CSE appreciates everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate these unchartered waters and do what is best for our runners and for the city as a whole.
Selecting a new date that works for all parties including the venue, police, medical and other city services is not an easy task. However, CSE felt like it was worth the extra effort because we know how important racing is to our participants. That said, you do have options should our new date not work for your schedule.
At this time, we are offering current Delaware Running Festival registrants 3 options:
OPTION 1: KEEP YOUR REGISTRATION (NO ACTION REQUIRED)
If you want to run on August 2, 2020 - there is nothing that you need to do on your end. Your registration will automatically be transferred to the new date!
OPTION 2: DEFER MY REGISTRATION (ACTION REQUIRED)
- If you cannot run on Aug 2, you can defer your entry until next year’s event to be held on April 25, 2021.
- From March 19 through May 15 we are waiving our normal deferral fees. After May 15, the regular deferment fee of $25 will be charged.
- To complete your deferral, follow these steps:
OPTION 3: GO VIRTUAL! (ACTION REQUIRED)
- Take on our Virtual Challenge and transfer your 2020 race entry into a Virtual Run. You can run the distance you registered for on your own and we will ship your race shirt and medal.
- Packages to be mailed after May 1 and may take 2-3 weeks to reach your home)
- To choose the virtual option, follow these steps NO LATER THAN May 1
Per our policy which every runner agrees to during the online registration process, CSE does not offer registration refunds. This article explains why:
• If you are part of a CHARITY GROUP runner or member of a CORPORATE WELLNESS TEAM, contact your group’s captain.
• If you signed up through a third party ( and not a charity group or corporate wellness team) or at an expo: go to this link https://runsignup.com/ClaimAccounts, enter your email address, and click “Claim”. If there are any unclaimed accounts associated with that email address, you will receive the “Claim Instructions” email within a few minutes. More help can be found here: https://help.runsignup.com/support/solutions/articles/17000062874-claim-an-account
• If you have previously deferred your entry, but now wish to participate in the VIRTUAL RUN or on August 2, you will receive an email with a link to a special online form. Your $25 deferment fee which you already paid will be refunded within 20 days.
• If you have previously deferred your entry to April 25, 2021, and that remains your desire, no action is required on your part.
• If you are part of the BFD Challenge, you will remain eligible for that award regardless of the option you choose.
We know that our new date will not work for everyone and that the summer time frame can be create additional challenges. We have already begun talks to add things like additional water stops, cold towels, revised start times and other ideas. Our staff has worked diligently with city services and key vendors to avoid canceling this year’s running festival. The day is too important to the Delaware community and we’ve done everything within our means to make it still happen.
Corrigan Sports | firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional race information can be found at http://www.delawaremarathon.org/.
Experience a scenic race course that takes you throughout historic downtown Wilmington. “The course has a lot of variety, and gives visitors a tour of many of the most interesting and beautiful parts of the city,” said one past participant from Pennsylvania.
The 2020 version of the race still travels across beautiful Brandywine Park on the Brandywine River, along prestigious parkways, through historic neighborhoods of Wilmington and past downtown’s Rodney Square but without some of the confusing turns and crossovers. Choose from a full marathon, half-marathon, 4-person relay, 5k or kids fun run-- all on the same day this year. Bring a friend to take advantage of our referral rewards to earn cash and gear. Non-runners can join us at start/finish line at Tubman-Garrett Riverfront Park for a great party with live music, vendors and activities for the whole family.
We believe this is your best chance to run a certified 26.2 mile road marathon in Delaware! We are a USATF certified Boston Marathon Qualifier and historically 10%-12% of our marathon runners have qualified for the Boston Marathon.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.