Third Annual Buffalo vs. Rochester Running Event
A Benefit for The Warrior House of WNY Which Supports Injured Veterans
A spirited competition for Western New York's best running community.Metro 10 is the premier USATF sanctioned running event where you choose the metro closest to your heart. Team 585 Rochester are the two time defending champs. Can Team 716 Buffalo take home the Metro 10 Cup in 2017?
Saturday, August 19, 2017
Race starts at 8:00 a.m. (5 mile starts at 8:19 a.m)
Live Music,Race Medals, Shirts and Other Perks
Choose 5 Mile or 10 Mile Options
Huge Post Race Event! Music by former Rusted Root Member Preach Freedom with Food and Beer!
Race Location: Bullard Park Albion NY 14411
Race perks include:
- Custom dry-fit metro specific shirt,
- Custom finisher medals,
- Live music from national recording artist Preach Freedom
- Five water and fluid stops along the ten mile course (three of them are on the five mile route)
- Free RaceJoy App!!! (New in 2017)
- Logo embossed beer tasting glass,
Gender specific shirt sizes! Custom Finisher's Medals! Packet pickups in Buffalo or Rochester! Get out your best running shoes and prepare for Metro 10!
Capped at 400 Participants (Last Year's Event Sold Out!)
Beer, food and live music at the post-race celebration! The winning Metro gets an additional prize.
NO PROCESSING FEES!! You Pay What You See!
Course cutoff for the 10 mile run is 2 hours 30 minutes.
USATF Certified Course NY16121KL
Finisher medals for both 5 mile and 10 mile
Metro-specific, gender-specific tech shirt for those registered by July 12
Bus to 5-Mile race start line (the 5-mile marker) will leave Bullard Park
Friday, August 18, 2017
Fleet Feet Sports @ the Armory (155 Culver Road, Rochester) for Team Rochester
Fleet Feet Sports Buffalo (2290 Delaware Ave, Buffalo) for Team Buffalo
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Additional race information can be found at http://metro10race.com/.
Free Live Tracking and Progress Alerts on Race Day!
(Race organizers are providing this as an included service.)
Make sure you download the RaceJoy mobile app for live phone tracking at the Third Annual Metro 10 Buffalo vs. Rochester Running Event.
Carry your phone and use RaceJoy to add to your race experience with these key features:
GPS Progress Alerts
- Receive GPS-based progress alerts at mile points on the course for current pace and estimated finish time.
- Post to your Facebook and Twitter walls.
- Have friends and family track your performance.
Live GPS Tracking
- Supporting spectators can track your blue dot moving along the course from home or at the race site.
- NearMe proximity alerts notify spectators when you are drawing near.
- Find each other using RaceJoy’s MeetUp tool.
- Receive fun, motivational audio cheers from your supporting fans.
- Start sending cheers to others doing the race at any time.
The Third Annual Metro 10 Buffalo vs. Rochester Running Event is sponsoring RaceJoy to provide participants and spectators these features for free (normally a 99 cents upgrade fee for both the participant and spectator).
- Participant must carry phone
- No official race timing information is provided for this race in RaceJoy
The Metro with the Most Points Wins!
How Metro 10 Teams Earn Points
1. Participants finish either the 10-miler or 5-miler.
2. Having a racer place in the top three male or female open category in either the 10-miler or 5-miler.
3. Having a racer place in the top three male or female age categories for the 10-miler, of which there are 13.
4. Earning the Speed Bonus by having the faster overall time for the 10-miler.
5. Earning the Tenacity Bonus by having the last racer of either distance finish the course.
All 5-mile finishers earn their teams 5 points each. All 10-mile finishers earn their teams 10 points each.
Placing in the open for the 10-miler earns a respective 200, 150, and 100 points for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The top three male and female finishers for the 5-miler earn 100, 75, and 50 points respectively.
The top three male and female age category finishers earn their teams 70, 50, and 30 points respectively for placing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
The Speed Bonus is 200 points.
The Tenacity Bonus is 50 points.
Bullard Park, Albion, NYOpen in External Application