In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.musiciansofsteel5k.com.
Please join us for the Musicians of Steel 5K Run/Walk 2021: 5 Years Running, a charity race organized by the Musicians of the Pittsburgh Symphony! This year will be a “hybrid” event with both live and virtual components to choose from. No matter which format you choose, you’ll still receive the many perks of the Musicians of Steel 5K:
• MUSIC! ♫ You’ll be serenaded at the start line and along the course by live performances from PSO and local musicians! Virtual participants, never fear! You’ll receive a unique running playlist specially curated by your PSO Musicians to help you cross the virtual finish line!
• SWAG! 🎽 Show off your love for music and running around town with our official race T-shirt, free with every registration! Want more? Visit our shop at www.musiciansofsteel5k.com/shop to pick up swag for the Musicians of the Pittsburgh Symphony — all proceeds go to the PSO Musicians Care Fund!
• PRIZES! 🏆 As always, our prize packages, awarded to top finishers overall and in eight age categories, include special items like PSO recordings, tickets, memorabilia, and other surprise items.
• COMMUNITY! 💞 Even though we won’t be mingling in the great outdoors, there are unique opportunities to connect with your PSO Musicians! Stay in touch on our Facebook page and tell us how you’re preparing for the race!
• SUPPORT AN AMAZING CAUSE! 🎻 We believe that music education is more important now than ever, and we are so proud to provide support to local music programs in need by donating 100% of race entry fees directly to the PSO Musicians Care Fund!
This year’s race is a “hybrid” format — YOU choose whether to participate virtually, or join us live on race day. A virtual race is a race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill, at the gym, or on the track. You get to run your own race at your own pace!
What is a Virtual Race?
A virtual race is a race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill, or anywhere that you’d like. You get to run your own race at your own pace!
Live Event: September 19, 2021
• 9:00 AM Pre-race concert
• 9:30 AM 1-mile Fun Run
• 10:00 AM 5K Run/Walk
Virtual Event: September 11 – September 19
• Virtual participants: complete your selected distance any time between September 11 – 19, 2021 and upload your time (optional) to see how you did!
The race begins at the Millvale Riverfront Pavilion and follows an out-and-back course along the Allegheny River toward the North Shore and back on beautiful Three Rivers Heritage Trail.
60 River Front Drive
Millvale, PA 15219
• 1 Mile Fun Run
• 5K Run / Walk
• 1 Mile Fun Run
• 5K Run / Walk
• 10K Run / Walk
Entry Fees & Donations
This year’s entry fees are reduced to try to ease the financial burden many of us are experiencing this year. Additional donations to the PSO Musicians Care Fund are always welcome!
$15 1 Mile Fun Run
$15 Students / Children under 18 (all events)
$25 Adult registration (5K or 10K)
$35 Race Day Registration
Race entry fees (not including online processing fees) and any additional contributions to the “PSO Musicians Care Fund” are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. The “PSO Musicians Care Fund” is a component fund of the Pittsburgh Foundation which is a 501(c)(3) organization.
All participants will receive:
• Short-sleeved tech T-shirt
• Free running playlist curated by PSO Musicians
• Race bib & Finisher’s Certificate
Additional merchandise will be for sale online and at the live event.
Prizes will be awarded to the top overall male and female 5K finishers as well as the top male and female finishers in the following age groups:
12 & under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+
Virtual winners will receive a downloadable certificate.
Who We Are
The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra is made up of 101 of the world's finest musicians. For more than a century the orchestra has been the cornerstone of Pittsburgh's vibrant cultural landscape. The musicians of the Pittsburgh Symphony are members of the community of Pittsburgh, a community that is remarkable for its commitment to supporting the very best cultural institutions here in Pittsburgh. As teachers, parents, volunteers, and civic leaders, PSO musicians strive to connect with and build our community. We return the city’s commitment to excellence both with great concerts and with a complete embrace of community causes and needs.
Why We’re Doing This
Proceeds from this event will be donated to the PSO Musicians Care Fund, an endowment established by the musicians of the PSO and administered by the Pittsburgh Foundation. This fund directly benefits local area schools and community music programs that have undergone budget cuts due to funding losses. The fund offers critical support to these programs in a myriad of ways, helping to provide musical instruments, music lessons, instrument repairs, scholarships, and transportation to PSO educational performances. The musicians of the PSO feel passionately about the value of arts education, and feel the responsibility to aid in the cultural enrichment of young people's lives.
Learn more or donate to the PSO Musicians Care Fund: pittsburghfoundation.org/pso
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @musiciansofsteel5k
Don't want to run or walk? Become a race sponsor! Email us at MusiciansofSteel5K@gmail.com to learn more.
If you have questions, please feel free to email us at MusiciansofSteel5K@gmail.com
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.