In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Today’s Covid-19 pandemic has affected our area greatly. The well-being, peace of mind and safety of you, the participant, and the event staff are paramount in our planning and execution of the Run of the Century. In light of the circumstances, we made a few changes and put some safeguards in place for everyone’s comfort and safety. If anyone is unwilling to follow the below guidelines, they will forfeit the opportunity to participate and be asked to leave the premises. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Please read the guidelines listed below.
· Facemasks are required and must be worn at all times by anyone over the age of 8 on Friday, October 2 and Saturday, October 3.
· It is your responsibility to provide your own facemask.
· Picking up your runner packet early is not mandatory, but highly recommended to avoid waiting in line on race day.
· Early packet pick up is outside under tents on Friday, October 2 at USS Alabama Battleship Parkway from 5:30pm – 7:30pm.
· Day of registration is outside under tents and available Saturday, October 3 from 5:30am – 6:45am.
· Only one adult from your party needs to register your group or pick up runner packets. The adult registering the group will sign all participant race waivers.
· Please respect people’s space and abide by the 6’ social distancing guidelines with people not in your party while on site Friday and Saturday.
· Hand sanitizer is available on almost every table throughout the event.
· Runners will start the race in waves (25-50 participants at a time) to ensure proper social distancing.
· For 5K runners, facemasks are required at the start line but may be removed after crossing the start line and beginning the race. Please carry your masks with you while running. Masks must be put on immediately after crossing the finish line.
· For 1 Mile Fun runners and walkers, facemasks must be worn by anyone over the age of 8 for the entire event.
· Runners are prohibited to discard bodily fluid (i.e., spitting, etc.) during the event.
· Small bottles of water will be available at the water station along the race route. Please be mindful of our environment and try to throw trash in collection containers along the route.
· Do not congregate at the finish line. You may wait for friends or family as well as cheer them on along the side of the race route while maintaining 6’ social distancing guidelines.
· Post-race snacks will be set up as grab and go. Please pick up items and move away from tables quickly so you can safely social distance.
· Awards will be done with no contact. When runner’s name is called, runners will pick up award from award table. Awards will be marked.
· If you’ve tested positive for COVID-19, been exposed to it, have been medically quarantined in the last 14 days, feel feverish or have a current fever, or are experiencing other COVID related symptoms, we are going to respectfully ask you to not participate or visit with us race morning.
Thank you again for understanding the necessity of these guidelines as we strive for wellness while celebrating and supporting the Mobile Area Council Boy Scouts of America.
We encourage you to pick up your race packet during early packet pick up on Friday, October 2, 2020 from 5:30pm - 7:30pm at USS Alabama Battleship to avoid long lines and wait times. Please be sure to wear a masks.
Saturday, October 3, 2020, packet pick up will resume at 5:30am and end at 6:45am.
Join scouts at the USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park as the Mobile Area Council celebrates their 100-year anniversary with a 5K & 1-Mile Fun Run. Enjoy a scenic view as you run a 5K on the Causeway. Fun Run stays within Battleship Park. This is a great a family event with demonstrations and activities by local scout volunteers.
During this difficult time we understand some may not feel comfortable joining us for the race at Battleship Memorial Park. The Virtual 5K was created to allow participants to participate in any location. Participants can run, jog, or walk on the road, in the pool, on the trail, on the treadmill, at the gym or on the track. Virtual race participants will use a running GPS watch or a smartphone app to record their time and distance for the race. Once the race is completed, participants will log into their Run Sign Up account to submit their race results.
5K Run: Top Overall Male, Top Overall Female, Top 3 Male and Female in each age group. Age Groups: 12 & Under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70
5K Walk: Overall Male, Overall Female, Top Male and Female in each age group. Age Groups: 12 & Under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70
Fun Run: Overall Male, Overall Female, Top Male and Top Female in each age group. Age Groups: 12 & Under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70
*Virtual race participants will not receive awards.
We want all scouts, scout volunteers, and school running club members to show their support in the race. All registered Scouts, scout volunteers, and School Running Club member race for $10 by using coupon code BSA2020 at checkout. *All registrations will be verified.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.