100 Alderman's Ford Park Dr
Plant City, FL US 33567
Your Next Step is the Cure will embark on its sixth year of bringing awareness and raising funds for a rare cancer called Ocular Melanoma. We are excited about our new location, the lovely Alderman Ford Park, a paved trail and a great shaded course to run! We are so grateful for last year’s efforts and the amount of money that we were able to raise for the Melanoma Research Foundation – CURE OM. Ocular melanoma is a rare cancer that affects six out of one million people each year; while strides have been made, unfortunately there is still no known cure. We plan to hold another successful event but we know that our success comes from individuals like YOU!! Thank you for registering! Please spread the word….hopefully, some day soon we will have a cure for ocular melanoma!
KID'S FUN FUN:
This year our Kid's Fun Run will not require an adult to register their child, we are planning the fun run for ages 0 - 9 and the run will take place from the start line along the paved trail. They will use the same start and finish line and each child will receive a finisher's medal. You can choose the morning of the race to have your child/children participate in the race. The race will begin at 9:15am.
SOMETHING NEW THIS YEAR!
WELCOME 10 AND 11 YEAR OLDS.....We created a new age group this year: Ages 10 to 14. We listened to our participants and know there are many young athletes out there that want to compete and have fun! Good luck to our new age bracket!!
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT THE RACE EVENT:
· 5K Race will begin at 8:00am - Chip timed
· Kids Fun Run will begin at 9:15am - A fun run which begins at the start line, goes along the paved route and they return back to the finish line.
· Awards will be given out to the Top 3 Male and Female in each of the following age groups: 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and above.
· A finisher medal for ALL 5K runners/walkers and Kids Fun Run
· All 5K registrants will receive a UPF 50+ shirt
· Free race photos
· Great vendors and raffle items
· Awards ceremony
We will hold packet pick-up on Thursday, October 5th from 2pm – 7pm at Park Square Plaza and on the morning of the race beginning at 7:00am. Packet pick-up will consist of the UPF shirt, chipped bib for the 5K,and a swag bag filled with lots of great giveaways/coupons.
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.