In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
March 19th 2022 SKIDAWAY ISLAND MARATHON
Sat March 19th, 7:00am Start, 7:30am 5k Start
Savannah has been called, "America's most beautiful city" and Skidaway Island is one of its jewels. This is your opportunity to run where most Savannahians only dream if running. It isn't on your everyday tourist website because this course is hosted in the premiere Island Neighborhood; The Landings Association and The Landings Club
Run Saturday 19th, at 7am in either the half or full marathon. Enjoy beautiful scenery, a quiet and peaceful course hosted by a local race company. About 300 of our runners will participate in the Marathon and 500 in the half. 200 more will run the 5k. Then enjoy an afternoon in the fabulous Savannah Area. You can tour downtown, hit the beach on Tybee Island or explore the rivers looking for dolphins or fishing.
You will enjoy miles of perfect scenery, amazing marsh and river front views, elegant homes and sneak peaks of the Landings Golf Courses. This is mostly an open course because the traffic is minimal, and you'll likely share the road with a homeowner enjoying their daily golf cart ride. The course is almost entirely paved; generally super flat other than a Savannah hill (one over pass). It is certified by US Track and Field and can be used as a qualifying time. You can expect green grass, flowers and cool breezes off the marsh. The average temperature has been in the mid 70s by noon. It is small next to the national races so you won't be fighting an crowds for your free parking.
THIS RACE INCLUDES - Racejoy - Run with this app and tell the world how your doing automatically!
November 1st - $75
December 1st - $85
January 1st - $95
February 1st - $105
March 1st - $110
Finishers receive a Finisher shirt, Finisher Medal, free photo downloads of any pictures we take. And Tifosi Sunglasses
Half Marathon Pricing:
November 1st - $65
December 1st - $70
January 1st - $75
February 1st - $80
March 1st - $85
Finishers receive a Finisher Medal, Finisher Shirt and free photo downloads of any pictures we take.
5k Pricing: 7:30am start
December 1st - $25
February 1st - $30
March 1st - $35
Finishers receive a Finisher Shirt, Finisher 5k medal and free photo downloads of any pictures we take.
This race will be limited to 1000 total runners. Estimated 500 Half Marathon and 300 Marathon Passes, max of 200 5k runners. We use a gun start with chip/manual/photo finish line.
If you live at the Landings or Modena, thank you for having us, please email us for your 25% discount code. firstname.lastname@example.org Include your Name and Address on the email.
We will have the course extensively marked so you can't get lost. Every intersection will be maned by volunteers or Police where traffic control is required. There will be plenty of water stations, aid stations, shade, and regular scenic views to give you an excuse to pause. See Covid section below for additional details.
Packet Pickup March 18th
10am to 8pm Location Howe 2 Run. You are required to pick up you packet but a friend or family member can do it for you. No race day registration.11 Gateway Blvd. South, Suite 54 just off I-95 and easy to access.
Other Common Questions:
Parking: Free at our start and finish line at the Skidaway Island Ocean Institute. 30 Ocean Science Circle.
Pets: Not Allowed
Headphones: Allowed but be advised this is an open course, pay attention and stay to the sides of the road
Timing: Chip Timed with Manuel and photo backup.
Access to the Course: The first 2.5 miles and last 2.5 miles are open to the public. To see the rest of the course you will need a landings resident as this is a gated association. You can catch your runners at Mile 19 Merrill Lynch's Square as they cross through about a half mile section that is outside of the neighborhood.
Donations: You can support a dozen different charities including local churches, Skidaway First Responders, Kiwanis, and more.
This is a certified course and we submit our results to the Boston Athletic Association every year.
Cancel anytime no questions asked prior to March 1st and defer or transfer until online registration closes.
Coming from out of town and can't make packet pickup? Let us know and we will make special race day pickup available for you. This option is limited so please notify us when you register if you need this support.
Time Restriction: 4 Hour Half Marathon (7am to 11am), 6 Hour Full Marathon (7am to 1pm). After 4 hours we will begin escorting walkers who have fallen behind the min pace to the North gate corner so you can finish the last 2.5 miles. 5k Runners are limited to 1:15.
Pacers: 6 for each distance, every 15 mins
Course Certification: Yes, US Track and Field Certified Course and can be used for qualifications to Boston. The 5k is not certified.
Cancellation: ERS has a 100% no fear registration policy and we will honor any refund request 100% with no questions asked up until March 1st. Want to transfer your pass? Log in and update the participant information at anytime prior to march 1st. After March 1st we will allow you to transfer your pass to another runner or defer to 2020. Deferrals/Transfers are for the 2 year only and can not be but can be used at any ERS hosted event.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
To comply with state protocals, local requirements and general safety we are making the following changes to the event and ask that you help us. People are coming from all over the country - BE OVERLY CAUTIOUS, BE KIND, BE CONSIDERATE.
1. Masks - when you are unable to maintain social distance from other runners we ask that you please were a mask. This is much more difficult at the start of the race then the finish. No masks are required while running but please wear a mask at packet pickup, registration line if any, the bathroom lines and anywhere you see you are confined.
2. Sanitizer and hand washing stations are provided. Please use them.
3. If you exhibit signs of illness prior to the race you will be asked not to participate and we will provide a refund / deferral or transfer no problem and no verification required.
4. We are limiting our volunteers and removing all vendors to the absolute smallest number of people possible so please pay close attention to the volunteers and first responders on the course who will be at the most important intersections and water stations.
5. All food and beverages will be package/bottled. Please make sure to drop any bottles off at the next water station or on a race sign to make it easier to clean up. This is a residential neighborhood and respecting their property is paramount so please do not drop trash randomly as you run.
6. Finish fine food will be prepackage.
7. Please use touch free greetings. Avoid hugging person after person as you don't know what you are spreading.
8. Marathon Runners can easily over exert themselves during these races. Please consider that you may hurt your immune system by pushing too hard. Humidity in savannah is often more impactful then you may realize. If we feel that you are over extended and a risk to yourself and others we will pull you from the event.
9. This event is strictly positive. DO NOT pick fights with other runners or designate yourself as law enforcement. Do not invade someone's personal space. Treat people with respect and dignity even if you disagree. We are here to run, raise money for local charities and have a great day. Please be overly considerate and aware of other people, especially those you disagree with.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.