2017: 16-Week Marathon Training Program
Training begins: Tues, Jun 13th
Last training day: Sat, Oct 7th
Those looking to run their first marathon should have a recent long run of 9 miles at a 13:00 min pace by Jun 13th.
AN INFORMATIONAL MEETING WILL BE HELD ON TUES, JUNE 13TH AT 6:00 PM AT MELLOW PARK IN JESSUP (near the tennis court). Anyone is welcome to attend the informational meeting, however, you must be registered in order to participate in any of the training runs.
COACHED TRAINING DAYS:
• Thursday at 6:00 PM (Dunmore High School Track / Mellow Park)
• Sunday at 7:00 AM* (Lackawanna County Courthouse - N. Washington Ave side)
*Sunday morning meeting times will start earlier dependent on weather and training mileage -- revised meeting times will be communicated to you through email).
TRAINING REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
• Exclusive store discounts at Scranton Running Company during our participant appreciation week (June 12th-18th)!
• An individualized printable training plan within the first 10 days of the program after a personal assessment of your goals and fitness has been determined. Training programs can be adjusted throughout the duration of the program. Training programs will consist of 4 weekly runs, including speed work, marathon-pace runs, long runs, and easy runs.
• 2 Weekly Coached group training runs (i.e. long runs, speedwork, tempo runs) on Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings
• Complimentary participation in the Scranton Running Company's Barrier Breakers' Intermediate running program on your non-coached training days for the duration of the marathon training, with the last training day on Sat, Oct 8th.
• Exclusive SRC Marathon Training swag
• Training culmination breakfast
Scranton, PA US 18508
If you have any questions about this club, click the button below.Questions?