1) What is a lottery? The lottery system lets us know who is interested in swimming the 2023 Great Chesapeake Bay Swim, being held on June 11th, 2023 at 8am. It says that you WANT to be able to swim, and from that pool or interested parties, 650 of you will be chosen to swim with us.
2) Will I receive a refund from the lottery if not chosen? Your credit card information is held by our financial company, but is NOT charged until you are selected for the lottery. Therefore, if you aren't selected, you aren't charged.
3) What if I change my mind about being in the lottery? You can put your name in for the lottery, and when we choose, you will have 10 days to decide if you want to accept, or decline. If you decline, you will be put back in the lottery. Once you are selected, there will be no ability to refund or defer, and your entry would become a donation to one of our charity partners.
4) I was a charitable contributor but had already registered for the lottery. What do I do? Send us an email and we will remove you from the lottery so that you can claim your charitable contributor (early bird) spot.
5) I swam the Bay Swim last year.. do i need to do another qualification? You can use your 2022 BaySwim as your certification swim. Just let us know.
6) When do I have to have a qualifying swim done? We are extending the final date to Sunday, May 14th, at noon. All verification must be submitted by that date/time.
7) I have another question. Can you help? We would love to help you out. Just send us an email to email@example.com and we will get back with you ASAP!