In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Seward Parks & Recreation is proud to start your race season with our 27th annual Polar Bear Pink Cheeks Triathlon. Pink Cheeks is open to all ages and ability levels. The race consists of a 5K run, 10K bike and 600 yd. pool swim in that order. Sign up as a team (must have 3 different individuals per leg) or compete as a solo in this popular Seward event. Race terrain includes High School XC trail, city streets, minimal gravel roads and inclines as you run and bike through the city limits. 5K run, 10K bike course will vary, but the start and finish will again be from Seward High School. Please refer to www.cityofseward.us for final course details. Save your strength for the swim (12 laps) in the High School pool. Register early to reserve a spot in this year’s race. See you at the starting line!
Bib check-in will be 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm Friday, May 4th and race day from 8:00 am to 9:45 am at the Seward Middle School
Some early morning, pre-assigned, swim times are for soloists who swim 12 laps under 15 minutes.
Soloist must be age 13 and older
Teams must consist of 3 members
Team swimmers will start swim at 9 am
No spectators are allowed in the pool area.
Your bib number will be marked on your right upper arm for officials’ use in the pool.
Team swimmers MUST be present at bib check-in to have bib number marked on upper arm.
No assistive devices are allowed in the pool, unless required as an ADA adaptive device as a reasonable accommodation. (Please allow us to smoothly transition you, by planning ahead and notifying us now of your needs, 224-4011.) Goggles and swim caps are allowed. No snorkels, fins, gloves, etc.
10:00 am race start
Mass run start at 10:00 am at the high school
Race order is: Run, Bike, then Swim
Your transition time will not stop between the run to bike but is recorded after the bike and run, before the swim.
Bikers will dismount to run over the blue mat finish line. Bikers run across finish mat.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Runners 5K Course description
· Start line at Seward High School gold gate. Head south
· Veer right onto paved drive loop
· Veer left with pavement, cross Swettmann Ave to head east
· Stay to left of green sheds onto field access road
· Continue through gate, at ball field road take a left onto Jesse Lee Drive (extended)
· Continue straight on gravel roads between two ball fields; past pavilion and continue through the two large rocks
· Continue straight, north; cross over Sea Lion towards Hemlock Ave. Elementary School will be on your right.
· Turn left, west onto Hemlock Ave and continue straight on dirt road.
· Left onto paved Oak Street, continue straight toward Mt. Haven
· Stay right of guard rail
· Slight left at red fire hydrant
· Continue straight between fence and retaining wall
· Left at the gate, continue on the service road behind Middle School. Run downhill.
· Follow gravel access road through parking lot on Sea Lion
· Continue through XC (cross-country) trail with wood chips path, stay right past BIG trees
· Continuing on the right past wooden bench, onwards behind tennis courts
· Stay left at the fork continuing straight in front of tennis courts
· Continue left past tennis courts
· Veer right at Tee 6
· Right at basket Hole 5, staying right, pass Tee 5
· Staying right side of trail cut diagonally over Sea Lion Ave
· Continue past Tee pad 8
· Staying right past basket Hole 8, continue around Jon Perry (JP) softball Ballfield
· Past JP field stay left at 4 corners around parking lot sign
· Stay right past/behind ballfield
· Continue right towards field access gate
· Through gate onto track
· Through track gate veer right onto dirt road
· Staying right off dirt road onto trail parallel to School
· Continue down path, stay right
· Continue on trail veering left to Tee Pad 3
· Continue trail to Sea Lion; Left to Finish Line
· After the runners’ return, bike out south heading down Swetmann
· Follow Swetmann which will turn into Resurrection Blvd, make a right on Alice.
· South on Alice past Phoenix and onto bike path at triangle park
· Make a right up Diary Hill, follow Dairy Hill which becomes Second (2nd) Ave
· Take Second (2nd) Ave to the end of pavement
· Turn right/west at Washington to Brownell Alley
· Turn left/south onto Brownell, gravel alley to Railway Ave
· Turn left/east on Railway Ave, past Alaska SeaLife Center.
· Continue east, past Iditarod park. Follow curve left/north onto Ballaine
· Biker’s Turn-a-round in front of Resurrection Campground/Monroe
· Return same route up to Dairy Hill
· At Dairy Hill/Swd Hwy take a left/north on bike path to Alice Drive
· Stay north along Alice Drive to Resurrection Blvd.
· Turn left/west by northwest along Resurrection.
· Follow Resurrection Blvd north to finish line at High School and start area