In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Fall: the most wonderful time of the year.
Leaves are changing colors. Weather is cooling down. Fall flavors dominate your favorite menu. And, yes, the perfect running weather arrives.
Gourdy's Pumpkin Run celebrates everything that's great about fall! We love traveling the country and celebrating with our fellow runners and walkers. However, we cannot be in every city during this oh so short season. Over the years, we've had many people ask about a virtual option. We introduced it back in 2016 and it's become a fall tradition for so many people ever since! Check out the details:
-Register for the Virtual Run and complete a 5K on your own accord. Simply run or walk 3.1 miles any time between September 1 and November 22.
-We will ship you the official Gourdy's Pumpkin Run lightweight tech hoodie, a race bib, a sealed finisher's medal, and more!
-Please note that you do not have to have your packet prior to running and recording your 5K time! Once registered, you can knock out your 3.1 miles anytime between September 1st and November 22nd!
-After you get done rocking your 3.1 miles, you can submit your time online and download a finisher's badge here.
Be sure to use #gourdyspumpkinrun during your run/walk! We will repost in our Instagram story and select random people for fun prizes from Gourdy!
3.1 miles too easy for you? Add on the Tough Pumpkin option and prepare for an extra challenge! Grab a pumpkin, crush out your 3.1 miles, and earn a second, exclusive Tough Pumpkin medal!
While not a requirement by any means, we always get a ton of photos of our runners with their Tough Pumpkin. Be sure to use #toughpumpkin when you post any Tough Pumpkin photos on social so the entire community can see!
New for 2020! Create or join a team with 4+ friends and each team member will save $5! Here is how it works:
1) Chat it up with your friends and have someone sign up. When this first person signs up, they should select the new 'Create or Join a Team' option.
2) The person that sets the team up is the designated team captain. He or she will enter a group name (get creative!) and password. Most important note: the team captain will enter one single shipping address where all packets for the entire team will go and be responsible for distributing them to the team this fall. This allows us to save a little on the shipping costs and pass that along to you in the form of $5 off per member!
3) Once the team captain has signed up, they can start sharing the group name and password so others can join. Please note that the team captain does not have to sign everyone up. Rather, each member can sign up and join the team to pay for their own registration, all while still receiving $5 off!
4) We begin shipping packets at the end of August, right before the Virtual Run period starts. If for any reason your team needs to change the address, they can do so by emailing us as long as it's prior to August 17th.
5) Start thinking of where and when you want to do your 5K. Head to a local park on the first official day of autumn? Plan a route that includes a pitstop at happy hour? Get all the families in the neighborhood to bring their kids and dogs for a Thursday evening stroll? It's up to you!
Team registration is subject to sell out and also ends on August 16th at 11:59PM (whichever comes first). So, once you have a team created, have friends join you before it's too late!
While the Virtual Run is an amazing, rewarding experience itself, it's even better when you have friends join you on your run/walk! Once you sign up, you will automatically become part of the Pumpkin Support League (or PSL for short!) Refer friends and family to join you to earn rewards throughout the summer and fall. Here's how it works:
1) Sign up for the Virtual Run. Once you complete your registration, you'll receive a unique URL link to share.
2) Share this unique link with friends and family as often as you'd like.
3) Each time someone signs up through your link, you'll accrue one referral. Earn five referrals and get $20 credited back to you. Easy peasy!
Don't stop there. There are more prizes to earn as you continue spreading the word. Here is the referral prize chart:
5 Referrals: $20 of your registration fee credited back
10 Referrals: Exclusive PSL Beanie
15 Referrals: Exclusive PSL Big Comfy Hoodie
20 Referrals: The remainder of your base registration fee credited back
The beanie and Big Comfy Hoodie are designed exclusively for our PSL members (read: you cannot buy these!)
Sign up, get your referral link, and start spreading the pumpkin love!
Want to prepare for the Gourdy’s Pumpkin Run with a purpose? Want to support girls by giving them a
safe space where they can grow in self-confidence, practice empathy for others, work together as a
team, and find strength and connection with each other despite their differences? You are invited to
set-up a fundraiser for Girls on the Run and join a movement of goal-getters who are raising critically
needed funds for girls across the country. You don’t need to be an athlete—and you don’t need to finish
first. All you need to do is show up for yourself and the girls in our community. Can she count on you?
Become a fundraiser for Girls on the Run® to join the Empowerment Patch! Fundraisers who reach $250 raised will earn their registration fee back. Want even more exclusive swag? Check out the levels below to see what you can earn for making a difference:
$250 - Refund of your registration and an exclusive Girls on the Run® & Gourdy’s Pumpkin Run medal!
$425- The above and an exclusive Girls on the Run® & Gourdy’s Pumpkin Run Training Shirt
$750- The above and an exclusive Girls on the Run® & Gourdy’s Pumpkin Run Crewneck Sweater
$1,000- All of the above and an exclusive Girls on the Run® & Gourdy’s Pumpkin Run Big Comfy Hoodie
Be sure to use #gourdyspumpkinrun while training and during your Virtual Run! Throughout the spring and summer, we will randomly select people using the hashtag and send them training swag! Follow us on Instagram for more chances to win (@gourdyspumpkinrun)!
After signing up, be sure to download the free Strava training app. We have an awesome club with tons of member encouragement, contests, virtual training runs, and more! Track all of your runs and walks this spring and summer and motivate others to stay active in their training! It's also the perfect app to record your actual Virtual Run so you can submit your time after!
If you have any questions about this virtual run, click the button below.Questions?
Additional virtual run information can be found at https://www.gourdyspumpkinrun.com/virtual-run/.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your virtual run experience.