|Red Carpet Awareness EVENT ONLY||
|Miss Albany's Piggy Tail Princess 7K||
Time9:00AM CST - 11:30AM CST
|Piggy Tail 1 Mile FUN RUN||
|Register for Ainsley's Angels @ https://events.regtix.com/becomeanangel.htm||
Time9:00AM CST - 11:00AM CST
Decatur, AL US 35603
Race Tshirts are only guaranteed sizing and availability through February 26, 2016 sign up date. Email race director at email@example.com your size after 2-26-16 when you sign up to grab the "extra" sizes. We will purchase extra shirts and will be first come, first serve through race day.
The 3rd Annual Miss Albany's Piggy Tail Princess 7K will be hosted on March 12, 2016 in Priceville, Alabama.
The event is to promote awareness of those person's with Cerebral Palsy and other exceptionalities such as developmental delay, premature birth, physical handicaps, and many others.
This year we are proud to partner with Ainsley's Angels of America and Northeast Alabama Chapter to promote mobility in ALL regardless of physical limitations. Please see http://www.ainsleysangels.org/Ambassadors/Alabama/Northeast-Alabama
for information about completing registration for that partnership.
The significance behind the name?
Miss Albany is 4 years old! She was born 3 months early. Around the age of 9 mos, her parents noticed that there were lots of signs that showed that Albany's motor functions were worse than just being a "preemie". Albany is considered a triplegic. She has 3 of her limbs affected by Cerebral Palsy. Her parents, along with supporting family and friends, and many wonderful therapists look to see Albany walk one day and function as any other beautiful young child would be expected to do! Miss Albany lives in Priceville with her parents and two big brothers! Her signature "Piggy Tails" have charmed many people into her life, thus, the name of the race. Albany was born on November 7th. That is why we chose a 7K over the traditional race sizes.
Also, we have had TONS of questions about the event. So, let's share some details here!
1. a 7K is 4.35 miles
2. Why a 7K? LOTS of reasons! We wanted to do something different. There are not many around these parts! Also, Albany's birthday is on the 7th. 7 is also a number of completion in scripture. We believe Albany completed our family!
3. I do not run or walk that distance, how can I help? First of all, spreading the word will make a large impact! Also, we need VOLUNTEERS like crazy! Finally, we have an event planned at 11:00 am the day of the race to involve those who want to support Miss Albany, but not actively complete the 7K exercise event.
4. The Red Carpet Awareness Event: Cost is $10, begins at 11:00 am. This is a floating time event. It will begin after the last person crosses the finish line after awards. People will have the opportunity to "cross the finish line" red carpet style. Many people with physical handicaps/exceptionalities just cannot participate in events like 7Ks that push the human body's endurance physically. We want to raise awareness about certain physical/motor handicaps. Albany has Cerebral Palsy and has developmental delays that limit her mobility, NOT her intelligence or capability of loving and being a human just like the rest of us! She was also born way too early. Often times preemies show delays in physical/motor handicaps and there is no diagnosis at all. It just takes time. Finally, the event is here for us to involve people of any age that is limited in mobility due to age, prematurity, birth defects, or accidents. I know I am leaving out a ton of ways people are limited. We want to see kids that are limited to wheel chairs, walkers, gait trainers, strollers, etc...shine on this day! Decorate their wagons, walkers, chairs, whatever and come be a prince or princess with Miss Albany. She will have her Amtryke there that day or her wheel chair. We are going to be talking openly about motor delays and the effects it has had on our own daughter and make people aware of how exceptional something like that is to her. We have a princess and we want you to come and be one too! (or a prince)
5. What can I wear? IT is March!!!! Dress appropriately for running/walking/exercising! Wear your hair in pig tails, wear tiaras, crowns, tutus, capes, sashes, and carry your royal scepters and such! The best dressed will receive a prize.
6. Can I enter as a group? Yes, we just want to talk to those people personally, so get in touch with us at MissAlbany7K@gmail.com
7. COST?! The cost is as follows: from now until February 12, 2016 is Early Registration. The cost is $25 plus the fee if you sign up online, or just complete the form below and postmark it by the 21st. Beginning February 02, 2016, the cost of the race goes to $35 plus the fee online or it needs to be mailed no later than enough time to be received before race. Please note that there is a free race t-shirt for all early registration participants. There will be extra shirts at the event for sale, but there is no guarantee that shirts will be available in your size. So, Please order early!!!!!!!! The shirt, is going to be worth it! A proof is coming very soon!
8. Can I just donate to the cause and not do the race? OF COURSE! Go towww.paypal.com and send funds as a "donation" to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. What are the methods of payment accepted? cash, check, credit card (plus fee), and paypal (plus fee)
10. Where is my money going? We have set up an account under Miss Albany's name. Portions of the proceeds (if there are any :0) will go to the town of Priceville in the means of improving the playground area to a more SNAP type equipment and to many of the local organizations that support our special needs community. Any remaining funds (if any) will go towards medical/travel/etc...expenses for the care of Miss Albany's constant treatment.
11. Is the race course certified? YES!
12. When is the absolute last date I can register? You can register up until 8:30 am the morning of the race. Please note that t-shirts are not guaranteed for the day of race.
13. I have a local business that I would like to support Miss Albany through. We will be listing the sponsors on the back of the race shirt, cut off for that is 2-24-2016. We need signs, t-shirt money help, flyers printed and handed out, race winner prizes like gift certificates and products you want to showcase, etc...
The List of Sponsors is growing daily! More to come very soon on that!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE THIS LOTS AND LOTS and of course ask questions!
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.