The 6th Annual Red Kettle Ride will take place on Saturday, September 3rd in Decatur, Alabama. All proceeds from this ride will go to the Salvation Army, and support the fine work that they do in our community! The ride will feature a 30, 64 and 100 mile option, as well as a Family Fun Ride where you can ride up to 14 miles. A few notes for the ride this year:
- If you have had COVID or been sick in the last 14 days, running a temperature, are not feeling well, have any symptoms, or you have been exposed to someone with COVID, then do not show up to the ride. We will refund your entry, but it requires all of us doing our part to minimize any risks and allow events to continue.
- The ride is PRE-REG ONLY! We will not do on-site registraiton in 2022 to minimize touch points.
- Ride t-shirts are only included in the registration for the first 100 riders pre-registered.
- The post-ride meal this year will take place with the famous loaded potatoes provided by Big Bob Gibson's
- Rest stops will be back and most rest stops will be accessible twice by riders on this out and back ride option. We ask all riders come with plenty of fluids, food and special needs for the ride though.
The 100 mile option will take riders out to some scenic views, and quiet roads in Morgan County. This route will have close to 5000 feet of elevation gain with a mixture of challenging climbs, and rolling roads showcasing Morgan County. This route will feature 6 rest stops.
The 64 mile option will take riders out to some scenic views, and quiet roads in Morgan County. This route will feature many of the same climbs on the 84 mile route, but will eliminate two climbs and offer at least 4 rest stops.
The 30 mile option will take riders out on the same path as the longer distances, and feature two challenging climbs in Indian Hills.
The Family Fun Ride is back on the Bill Sims Bike Trail. This nearly 14 mile loop can be completed in it's entirety, or you can go as far as you want to and turn around and come back to the start point. We will not have aid stations for this ride for 2021.
More ride details such as packet pick-up, schedule of events and parking details can be found in registration
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.