Participant Safety Guidelines
To ensure the safety of participants, staff and others, all participants MUST adhere to the following requirements for this race:
- Participants are required to be self-sufficient. There will be no water stops or refreshments. You should plan to bring your own.
- Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines at all times while on site.
- Participants are required to wear a face covering while on-site and not running (walking to the start line, picking up packet, etc.)
- Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, changing clothes, etc.) in the start area. Participants MUST approach the start line ready to run.
- Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far right side of the path. Participants passing on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 10 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors whenever possible. Participants may pass only when it is safe and clear of others. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 10 feet behind and then 10 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the right-hand side of the pathway. The slower runner must give way to the faster runner.
- Participants only please. Please do not promote any spectators to join you on course or at the start and finish.
- Upon completing the run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants are required to leave the finish area and proceed immediately away from the event as soon as they complete the race. No congregating of any type will be permitted either before, during, or after the event.
- Failure to adhere to any of the stated race requirements will result in the immediate disqualification of the participant.