Additional race information can be found at http://www.azroadrunners.org.
Tucson, AZ US 85701
What is the Gabe Zimmerman Triple Crown?
The three-race series commemorates Gabe Zimmerman, a Tucson native who lost his life in the January 2011 shooting here in Tucson. As we all know, running shows us the power within ourselves. If we can walk or run three miles in a hot summer night or get around the Saguaro loop, the ups and downs of daily life are certainly manageable. If we can climb A-Mountain, we can rise to our other challenges. Our goal is to celebrate Gabe and motivate the community to aspire to individual and collective greatness – to work alone and work with others towards those goals we find valuable. To celebrate living, community, and good will. To live with love, to live with passion to chase dreams.
What's different in 2017?
1) We've had to change the way we produce the TMC Saguaro race, so we're making a brand new Triple Crown 10k just for you -- the inaugural TMC Tucson 10k and 5k will be held on the morning of Sunday, September 17. We'll announce the TMC Tucson 10k race details soon!
2) We're making the BEYOND Foundation our GZTC beneficiary, offering $10 of every race entry to the Foundation established in honor of the victims of the 2011 murders.
$75 for all three races through March 31, then $99 through May 24th!
What do you get?
Registration to these three events, plus more medals and t-shirts than you can shake a stick at!
Saturday night, May 27, 2017: TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run/Walk, Tucson's largest running event. You can run or walk Tucson's most popular 3.1 mile event. The TMC 5k Night Run is part of SAR's Running Shop Grand Prix. Please note that the Friday Night Festival of Miles Now counts as part of the Triple Crown.
Sunday morning, September 17: Inaugural TMC Tucson 10k. You can run the 10k or you can walk or run the 5k at Tucson's newest premier running event.
October 29, 2017: TMC Get Moving Tucson Half-Marathon Events. You can walk or run the Tucson Lifestyle 5k, or you can run or walk the TMC A-Mountain Half-Marathon on Sunday morning, October 29th. The TMC Half-Marathon is part of SAR's Running Shop Grand Prix.
The 2017 "Run Tucson" Triple Crown shirt
Each of the race shirts and each of the race medals, so that you can have the full commemorative medallion
Recognition on the SAR Gabe Zimmerman Triple Crown results page.
The happiness of knowing that a portion of your entry fees will go to the BEYOND Foundation, plus each of the the other race beneficiaries:
- Tucson Symphony
- The Children's Museum
- Educational Enrichment Foundation
- Greater Tucson Leadership
- Living Streets Alliance
- Team Hoyt (formerly MyTeamTriumph)
- Friends of Saguaro
- Cox Charities
- Southern Arizona Roadrunners, and others.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?