Welcome to the New Year's Day HAIR OF THE DOG Run/Walk, benefiting the Humane Society of Southern Arizona. The HOTD is a New Year's Day destination, not to be missed. And for so many good reasons!
- For those that stayed-up to ring in the New Year, no problem: the HOTD does not start until 11am!
- For those looking for an 8k (5-mile) PR: cool temps and a mostly flat course will make for fast running!
- For those kicking-off New Year’s resolutions for a fit 2019: this is the perfect opportunity to challenge yourself in a beautiful setting with a supportive community of family and friends!
- For those seeking to squeeze in as much fun as possible before heading back to work after the Holidays, there's Live Music, Exercise Endorphins, Cool Swag, a Fur-baby Race, and Hair of the Dog -- because the party’s not over yet!
- And for those that enjoy spending time with their canine companions: Party with your Pooch and do the One-mile Doggie Dash!
The HOTD strives to be the capstone of your winter holiday in Tucson, and a pre-eminent fitness event. Whether you’re pining for a PR or plan to stroll the course as a dog, a hare, Father Time, or Baby New Year, there’s something for everyone. Here’s what’s included in your event entry:
- A fun, fast 8k — running along the Pantano River Wash and through the beautiful Tucson Country Club Estates! OR
A 1-mile loop around the lovely desert-scape of Udall Park with or without your pooch
- An Event Finisher's Glass. And a Collectible Poster art.
- The Dragoon Brewing Co. beer garden, a premiere local brewery. And a free Dragoon beer or non-alcoholic beverage.
- Post-race treats, sweet or savory, compliments of Le Buzz Caffe, the famed east-side European style patisserie.
- Live Music.
- An awesome Fleet Feet Tucson After-Party! The party continues directly across the street, with more beverages and snacks, raffles, and in-store discounts.
- Event FB photos compliments of the GOATographer. And a dedicated doggie photographer.
- Doggie awards for the canine athletes.
- A mini-Expo where you can learn more about our wonderful sponsors, like Adobe Veterinary Center.
- Professional chip timing in the 8k, with fast, accurate results.
- A race-bib for all human entrants.
- Awards for 8k tops overall and tops in each 8k age group.
- An Unforgettable Race Day Experience!
Runners and walkers of all abilities are invited to participate in the HOTD:
- We think you will love our fast 8-kilometer (5 mile) course. The Start/Finish staging area is the Laszlo Veres Amphitheater in the lovely Udall Park. 8k participants traverse the Park before connecting with the brand new landscaped path along Sabino Canyon Road. Here you’ll find lots of wide-open space, views of the Santa Ritas to the south and awe-inspiring views of the Santa Catalinas to the north. At 0.8 miles the 8k course turns west onto the Loop Path along the Pantano River Wash. At 1.7 miles the route turns north into the lovely Tucson Country Club Estates. After a loop around the Country Club Estates, the route returns to the staging area at Udall Park. A course map can be found at RunTucson.net/HOTD.
- The 1-Mile / Doggie Dash course features beautiful desert-scape and lovely views of the Catalina Mountains, as participants cruise a loop around Udall Park.
The HOTD is locally produced by Run Tucson (RunTucson.net), the event production company for the largest run/walk events in Southern Arizona. We produce numerous events in partnership with the 501(c)3 Southern Arizona Roadrunners (azroadrunners.org/races/detail/mmd) and we are co-founders of Meet Me Concepts (meetmeconcepts.com), including the local Meet Me at Maynards and Meet Me Wednesdays.
To promote our mission of Making Tucson Better through Running, Run Tucson advocates for Health & Fitness, Enhancing Community Engagement, and Promoting the Local Economy. In addition, we make significant contributions to worthy charities, providing over $250,000 to local organizations over the years.
The HOTD will be held rain or shine. No refunds.