In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Additional Run/Walk information can be found at http://www.runtucson.net/hotd.
December 28th Update: WOW -- that was unexpected -- thanks to all of you who have signed up, we've exceeded our registration expectations for the Hair of the Dog! So here's the plan:
1) Everyone who signed up by December 28th is guaranteed a pint glass and a commemorative poster -- but remember, you have to pick up your souvenir items at packet pickup either Monday at Fleet Feet or race day Tuesday at the race site. We are not able to mail out your items or hold them for you to pick up after event day so be sure to snag your items in person.
2) You can still sign up after December 28th online or in-person, but we cannot guarantee a pint glass or commemorative poster. You still get the free Dragoon beer garden and the Whole Foods beverage and the Le Buzz pastry, plus the live music, plus the measured course and chip-timed race and the possibility of age group and raffle awards -- but we cannot guarantee the additional souvenir items.
Schedule Monday, December 31st 10 am - 1pm: In-person registration and packet pickup at Fleet Feet, 7301 E Tanque Verde Road
Schedule New Year's Day, Tuesday, January 1st HOTD from 9:45 am - 2:00 pm at Udall Park Amphitheater, 7200 E Tanque Verde Road
For those that stayed-up to ring in the New Year, no problem: the H.O.T.D. does not start until 11am!
For those looking for an 8k (5-mile) PR: cool temps and a mostly flat course will make for fast running!
For those kicking-off New Year’s resolutions for a fit 2019: this is the perfect opportunity to challenge yourself in a beautiful setting with a supportive community of family and friends!
For those seeking to squeeze in as much fun as possible before heading back to work after the Holidays, there's Live Music, Exercise Endorphins, Cool Swag, and Hair of the Dog!
And for those that enjoy spending time with their canine companions: Party with your Pooch and do the One-mile Doggie Dash!
A fun, fast 8k — running along the Pantano River Wash and through the beautiful Tucson Country Club Estates OR
A 1-mile loop around the lovely desert-scape of Udall Park with or without your pooch.
An Event Finisher's Glass. And a Collectible Poster art (SEE IMAGE BELOW)
And a post-race party with
Original surf music by Shrimp Chaperone!
The Dragoon Brewing Co. beer garden, a premiere local brewery. And a free Dragoon beer.
Or A free non-alcoholic beverage compliments of Whole Foods Market.
Post-race treats, sweet or savory, compliments of Le Buzz Caffe, the famed east-side European style patisserie.
A event expo
Festivities that keep going ... directly across the street at Fleet Feet-Tucson with raffles, in-store discounts, and more.
Event FB photos compliments of the GOATographer.
A dedicated doggie photographer, Mr Honi Photography.
Doggie awards for the canine athletes.
Professional chip timing in the 8k, with fast, accurate results.
A race-bib for all human entrants.
Fleet Feet-Tucson awards for the 8k: Top 3 M/F Overall, Top 2 M/F Masters, and Top 3 M/F in each 8k age group. SEE AWARD DETAILS BELOW
An Unforgettable Race Day Experience!
In-Person Registration and Packet-PickUp schedule: 10am - 1pm Monday, Dec 31st
Fleet Feet- Tucson at 7301 E Tanque Verde Rd, Tucson
Cash or Check to RUN TUCSON
Race Day Schedule: 9:45am - 2:00pm New Year's Day Tuesday, January 1st
No access to Udall Park via Sabino Canyon Road; Parking access only from Tanque Verde Road
9:45-10:45 am Registration and Packet-Pickup at Udall Park Amphitheater, 7200 E Tanque Verde Rd
Cash or Check to RUN TUCSON
11:00 am One-Mile / Doggie Dash START
11:10 am 8k Run/Walk START
11:00 am Dragoon Beer Garden opens, hosted by the Humane Society of Southern Arizona;
SHRiMP CHAPERONE starts to play; the party begins!
12 Noon Doggie Contests and other Awards
1:00 pm 8k Awards Ceremony
12 Noon – 3pm Fleet Feet After Party - Directly across the street! 20% discounts on all New Balance shoes and clothing during the after party. In addition, everyone who attends will be entered to win a free New Balance shoe or a $50 Fleet Feet gift card.
The H.O.T.D. is locally produced by Run Tucson (RunTucson.net), the event production company for the largest run/walk events in Southern Arizona. We produce numerous events in partnership with the 501(c)3 Southern Arizona Roadrunners (azroadrunners.org/races/detail/mmd) and we are co-founders of Meet Me Concepts (meetmeconcepts.com), including the local Meet Me at Maynards and Meet Me Wednesdays.
To promote our mission of Making Tucson Better through Running, Run Tucson advocates for Health & Fitness, Enhancing Community Engagement, and Promoting the Local Economy. In addition, we make significant contributions to worthy charities, providing over $250,000 to local organizations over the years.
You can follow us on Facebook and Instagram @RunTucson . You can follow this 2019 event on Facebook at Facebook.com/profile.php?id=998315913671169&ref=br_rs
The fine print: No refunds or transfers are allowed. The New Year’s Day HAIR of the DOG will go on rain or shine, with the exception of extreme/hazardous weather conditions. We may modify the race course, however, if necessary for participant safety.
REMINDER: December 28th Update: WOW -- we've reached our cap for the event, so here's the plan:
1) Everyone who signed up before December 28th is guaranteed a pint glass and a commemorative poster -- but remember, you have to pick up your souvenir items at packet pickup either Monday at Fleet Feet or race day Tuesday at the race site. We are not able to mail out your items or hold them for you to pick up after event day so be sure to snag your items in person.
2) You can still sign up after December 28th online or in-person, but we cannot guarantee a pint glass or commemorative poster. You still get the free beer garden and Le Buzz pastry, plus the live music, plus the measured course and chip-timed race and the possibility of age group and raffle awards -- but we cannot guarantee the additional souvenir items.
The Start/Finish staging area is the Laszlo Veres Amphitheater in the lovely Udall Park.
- 8k participants traverse the Park before connecting with the brand new landscaped path along Sabino Canyon Road. Here you’ll find lots of wide-open space, views of the Santa Ritas to the south and awe-inspiring views of the Santa Catalinas to the north. At 0.8 miles the 8k course turns west onto the Loop Path along the Pantano River Wash. At 1.7 miles the route turns north into the lovely Tucson Country Club Estates. After a loop around the Country Club Estates, the route returns to the staging area at Udall Park.
- The 1-Mile / Doggie Dash course features beautiful desert-scape and lovely views of the Catalina Mountains, as participants cruise a loop around Udall Park.
Order by Dec 12th, for only $16, to guarantee your shirt size. Each size will only be available to order until it sells out. A limited amount of remaining shirts, in limited sizes, may be available for sale during packet pickup.
Womens sizes XS-XXL, Indigo Blue
Unisex Sizes S-XXL, Cool Blue
Have you heard what’s waiting for you at the H.O.T.D. finish line? A free Dragoon 16 oz. beer (or a non-alcoholic beverage). Dragoon Brewing is a premiere brewer, based right here in Tucson. Their mission: “to make the best beer we can, and share it with our friends, family, and the community we live and work in.”
The Dragoon Brewery Beer Garden, hosted by the Humane Society of Southern Arizona, will feature two beers: the Dragoon IPA, a West-Coast IPA. And also the Santa Cruz’R, a Golden Ale.
Purchase of additional beers benefit the Humane Society.
Post-race treats for all participants, sweet or savory, compliments of Le Buzz Caffe, the famed east-side European style patisserie.
Plus, additional morning coffee and treats -- including doggie kibbles -- available for a donation to the Humane Society!
Don't know Le Buzz? Let us introduce you -- you'll discover something "rare and precious": Here's what Edible Baja says about 'em!
Don’t leave the New Year’s Day H.O.T.D. running party without checking out the After Party at Fleet Feet Tucson – directly across the street from Udall Park.
Fleet Feet will offer 20% discounts on all New Balance shoes and clothing during the After Party.
In addition, everyone who attends will be entered to win a free pair of New Balance shoes or a $50 Fleet Feet gift card!
GOATographer event photos:
Almost 1500 photos -- It may take a few days – but they will be worth the wait!
Highlights will be posted on the @RunTucson fb page and the @GOATographer fb page. The complete set of race photos will be available at GOATographer.com
MrHoni Photography highlights of the Doggie Dash and Doggie smiles will be posted on the @RunTucson fb page. A complete set of race photos will be available at https://www.mrhoni-photography.com/Portfolio/Special-Events/Hair-of-the-Dog-2019/
8k Race Results:
The results of the chip-timed 8k are posted at: www.roadrunnerracetiming.com/results.html