You keep a log of your miles and each month you report your total via a link that you will receive via email. Here are the details:
- Log your miles any way that you like to keep a log.
- Each month you will receive an email with a link to report your miles.
- Click the link to go to the online reporting form.
- Complete the form (there are only three questions).
- Click the Submit button.
You're done. You can then watch your total grow!
- We are now using one form all year long. You'll select the reporting month when you complete the form.
- The form can be completed for any month at any time. There's no need to wait for the monthly reminder email (but you may want to - see the next bullet).
- The monthly reminder email will contain a personalized link that makes entering your miles especially easy. Clicking the link will pre-fill your name and the month so that you only need to enter your miles.
- The form is available any time on the 1200 Mile Club Challenge web site on RunSignUp. Your RunSignUp login is required to access the form on the RunSignUp site. No login is required when you click the link in the monthly reminder email.
- If you discover an incorrect entry, simply use the form to enter that month again. Only the most recently submitted value is used.
- The results will be posted in the BTC Newsletter and continuously updated on this web site and on the BTC web site so that you may track your progress.
- Races count. Training miles count. Any miles you would count in a normal training log, you can count here.
- Many participants track their miles to the nearest 0.01 mile because that's what modern GPS devices report. The summary report on the web page will round everything to the nearest mile for the sake of brevity but your hundredths are still recorded.
- To avoid missing the monthly emails, make sure that your spam filter is set to allow email from runsignup.com and birminghamtrackclub.com.