In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Our Ambassador Program is an opportunity for local and non-local runners to serve as the face of the 2019 Birmingham Wine 10K!
Applications will be accepted July 10 – July 24, 2018
Selected ambassadors will serve from August 9, 2018 – March 2, 2019
Who we are looking for: From elite athletes to lifestyle runners, our ambassadors serve as the face of the Birmingham Wine 10K. Our ambassadors will serve as both race representatives and a consulting team - we will look to them to promote our race, to inspire and support other runners, and to provide feedback, tips and new ideas. We are searching for those who are active in their respective local running communities, on social media and in person.
To become a race ambassador, you must have previously participated in the Birmingham Wine 10K. Only prior participants in the event will be considered. Selected ambassadors will be notified on August 2, 2018
Ambassador Perks Include:
Free Race Registration
Exclusive Birmingham Wine 10K Ambassador Shirt from lululemon
Featured on our Website Ambassador Page
Access to Designated VIP Area on Race Day
Prizes and Samples from Race Partners
Unique Race Discount Code to Share
· Promote the event, and serve as the face of the Birmingham Wine 10K
· Post original social media content to promote the Birmingham Wine 10K at least two times per month
· Like / share / comment / retweet Birmingham Wine 10K social media content to boost engagement
· Post link to the Birmingham Wine 10K website in bios and / or other appropriate places online
· Follow the Birmingham Wine 10K on all social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
· Share your unique discount registration code
· Provide guidance and support to new and inexperienced runners throughout their training on our behalf
· Motivate and inspire our runners! Share your story!
· Participate in surveys and regularly provide feedback to event staff
· Distribute promotional materials to surrounding points of interest in your area (running stores, gyms, local races, etc.)
· Represent the Birmingham Wine 10K at select local expos by staffing a booth
· Be available in your ambassador role during, and leading up to, event weekend (duties may include group runs, meet-ups & more)
· Provide race weekend support, including at least a 4-hour volunteer shift
Please note: Ambassadors do not receive financial compensation of any kind. This is strictly and purely a volunteer role. The event does not subsidize travel or training expenses or issue payment of any kind. Ambassadors will serve from Augustl 9, 2018 through March 2, 2019. We reserve the right to remove any ambassador from the team at any time due to poor conduct or failure to perform duties.
Applications for the Ambassador Program are no longer being accepted.