|Birmingham Wine 10K Presented by Lemak Health||
|Price increases September 1, 2017 at 11:59pm CDT|
710 Oak Grove Road
Homewood, AL US 35209
National Center for Sports Safety is proud to announce the third annual Birmingham Wine 10K Presented by Lemak Health. This unique, point-to-point 10K is chip timed and takes runners through the heart of Homewood as they make their way from Patriot Park to Lakeshore Park Plaza. This is a USAT&F certified event (AL16007JD).
Why are we the Birmingham Wine 10K, you ask?
In an effort to pair something unique, fun and festive with a fantastic 10K course, we partnered with International Wines to provide something runners typically love... Mimosas! And voila, the Birmingham Wine 10K was born! Our intention is to bring you a fast 10K, while providing a post-race experience that is second to none! We welcome you to come out and enjoy this experience!
PLEASE NOTE: In an effort to promote responsible running, hydration stops along the course will provide water and Gatorade ONLY as provided by our sponsor, Buffalo Rock!
CANCELLATION STATEMENT: This event will occur rain or shine, hot or cold. We reserve the right to cancel in extreme circumstances. In that event, there will be no refunds. Entry fees will be considered a donation to National Center for Sports Safety.
Short sleeve, super soft Next Level t-shirts are included with registration.
Unisex Sizes S / M / L / XL / XXL are available.
Birmingham Wine 10K is proud to offer a team competition!
Competitive Team Categories
All Male - All team members are male.
All Female - All team members are female.
Co-Ed - Must include at least two female team members.
Competitive Team Rules
1. All teams (male, female, and co-ed) will consist of a minimum of 5 members. There is no maximum number of members per team.
2. Team registration is online only. Team registration ends Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
3. The team captain must register first to create / name the team. Team members may then register and join the team.
4. A mimimum of 5 team members must register for and complete the 10K race.
5. Scoring - For each team, top 5 overall places based on chip time will be added. The lowest score wins!
6. Awards - Awards will be presented to the top team in each of the three categories, AS WELL AS TEAM WITH THE MOST MEMBERS!
Saturday, March 10, 2018
6:30 a.m. Race Day Packet Pick Up & Late Registration Opens / Finish Line at Lakeshore Park Plaza
7:30 a.m. Packet Pick Up & Late Registration Closes / Finish Line at Lakeshore Park Plaza
8:00 a.m. 10K Start / Patriot Park
9:30 a.m. Awards Ceremony / Finish Line at Lakeshore Park Plaza
Friday, March 9, 2018
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Trak Shak - Homewood Location
1839 18th Street South
Homewood, AL 35209
1. Participants are encouraged to park at the Finish Line (Lakeshore Park Plaza, 2204 Lakeshore Dr, Birmingham, AL 35209). Participants may park at the Start Line (Patriot Park, 710 Oak Grove Rd, Homewood, AL 35209), but please note there will be NO SHUTTLE SERVICE after the event.
3. Participants must present their run bib number in order to board the shuttle. Spectators are not permitted on the shuttle.
4. Race Day Packet Pick Up & Registration will take place at the Finish Line (Lakeshore Park Plaza) to enable participants to pick up their run bib number prior to boarding the shuttle.
Top 5 Overall Male / Female
Top 3 Overall Masters Male / Female
NEW THIS YEAR, our overall awards will include prize money in addition to great swag for the top 5 male and female finishers:
THERE WILL ALSO BE AN ADDITIONAL $100 FOR A COURSE RECORD:
Male: Isaac Mukundi Mwangi 29:44
Female: Lauren Martin 34:45
PLEASE NOTE: Overall Awards are based on GUN TIME. The first 5 male and female runners to cross the finish line win!
Age Group Awards
Top 3 Male / Female Age Group Awards:
15 and Under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
PLEASE NOTE: Age Group Awards are based on CHIP TIME.
An award will be presented to the top team in each of the three competitive team categories (male, female, and co-ed), as well as to the largest competitive team.
PLEASE NOTE: Team awards are based on CHIP TIME.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.