In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, please contact us.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 6, 2018
EPIC GLOW IN THE DARK PARTY, BENEFITING METUGO: 4:30 - 6:30PM
CHULA VISTA ELITE ATHLETE TRAINING CENTER
Get ready for an obstacle challenge of EPIC proportions! No mud. No long-distance running. EPIC Series is a seriously fun obstacle course race featuring three courses: the raved-about EPIC Course, the competitive ELITE Course, and the ultra fun KIDS Course!
Join us at the most EPIC venue in San Diego: The Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center (formerly the U.S. Olympic Training Center) -- where elite athletes train!
Enjoy sweeping views of Otay Mountain and Otay Lake from the CVEATC campus, hang out by the giant torch, check out the practice fields, and grab some limited edition merch from the Elite Team Shop!
The EPIC Course is a thrilling challenge featuring over 25 obstacles packed into a winding course less than 2 miles long! No mud. No long-distance running. Each obstacle has options for Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced ability levels so you can choose your challenge at every turn! You'll have a blast climbing over walls, crawling under nets, lifting heavy stuff up, putting it back down, posing for photos, and so much more! For Ages 13+
This course takes approximately 60 minutes or less on average to complete.
Competitive Waves are released every 5 minutes from 8am - 9:55am. Athletes in these waves are competing for podium awards.
To be eligible for podium awards, Men must complete only the Advanced (black-colored) obstacles, and Women must complete at least the Intermediate (blue-colored) obstacles. Failure to complete an obstacle at your prescribed ability level will result in disqualification from podium eligibility, but you may still complete the course. Awards will be given to the Top 3 Men and Women with the fastest EPIC Course completion times.
Open Waves are released beginning at 10am onwards. These are mixed-level waves where anyone can choose the ability level option at every obstacle with no penalties. These waves are not eligible for podium awards.
Not for the faint of heart, the ELITE Course is an intense gauntlet of some of the toughest challenges that will put your strength to the test! Choose from the ELITE STRENGTH Course (heavier weights, less reps) or the ELITE ENDURANCE Course (lighter weights, more reps).
The ELITE Course begins with a Truck Pull, followed by a series of 8-10 additional strength challenges incorporating kettlebells, barbells, Atlas Stones, kegs, and more! Do you have what it takes to be EPIC? For Ages 18+
1. Athletes competing in the Elite Course may either choose to complete the Elite Strength or the Elite Endurance Course during the registration process. Athletes may not switch courses in the middle of their run.
2. Each Athlete will be assigned one Judge to score them during their run through their chosen Elite Course (Strength or Endurance).
3. An Athlete’s time begins as soon as their Judge says “Go.”
4. An Athlete’s time stops immediately as soon as he/she completes the final obstacle. If the final obstacle is a rope climb, Athlete's time will stop immediately as soon as he/she rings the bell at the top.
5. An Athlete’s time may be paused during the course if there is another Athlete ahead of them preventing them from moving on to their next obstacle. Their time will resume as soon as they begin the next obstacle.
6. Athletes must complete each challenge with the full amount of prescribed reps or distances. Skipping reps will not be allowed. Athletes will remain at each challenge until they finish the full set of prescribed reps or distance, regardless of how much time it takes them to finish the challenge. Continuous effort must be made at each challenge to avoid a DNF.
7. Non-attempts will result in immediate disqualification.
8. There is a 15-minute time cap to complete the entire course. Any challenges not completed in full by the time 15 minutes has elapsed will result in a 90-second time penalty per incomplete challenge added onto the 15-minute cap.
9. The only obstacle with a time cap is the Truck Pull. Athletes will have 90 seconds to complete the Truck Pull challenge. If an Athlete is unable to complete the Truck Pull within 90 seconds, they will receive an additional 2:30 time penalty added to their elapsed time.
10. The Athlete’s final clock time is noted on their scorecard. The Judge will add all time penalties to the final clock time to find the Athlete’s Final Time. Both Athlete and Judge sign the scorecard in agreement of the Athlete’s Final Time.
Awards will be given to the Top 3 Men and Women in both ELITE STRENGTH and ELITE ENDURANCE divisions with the fastest combined times from the EPIC Course and ELITE Course.
The KIDS Course is a junior-sized version of the adult courses! Featuring over 10 obstacle challenges, kids have a blast running, crawling, jumping, lifting, pulling, and climbing their way through this dynamic course less than 1/4 mile long! Kids may complete the course as many times as they'd like, and will receive one finisher medal after their first course completion!
Recommended for ages 7-12, but younger ages may participate with parent's supervised discretion.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Join us from 4:30-6:30PM for the EPIC Glow in the Dark Party, benefiting metugo, a nonprofit organization supporting newly diagnosed cancer patients by providing all-in-one medical record organizers!
Grab the family and cruise through a seriously fun, party version of the EPIC Course that ALL ages can do! Play games, make art, win cool stuff in the silent auction, and dance til you drop to the latest beats! Food, music, and glow-in-the-dark fun!
Attend the EPIC Series race in the morning, or the Glow in the Dark Party in the evening, OR BOTH!
Registered EPIC Series racers get a discounted entry at only $10!
Rates for participants attending ONLY the Glow in the Dark Party as as follows:
Ages 0-8: FREE!
Ages 9-17: $20
Ages 18+: $40
Online registration is closed but you can still register on site the day of the event! Come to the registration tent to join the party!
It's gonna #beEPIC!
Learn more at www.metugo.com
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.