Dam Fast 5K #2 - July 9
|Registration Starting||Registration Ending||Price|
|March 1, 2014 @ 12:00pm ET||July 7, 2014 @ 2:59am ET||$10.00 Race Fee + $2.00 SignUp Fee|
Oroville, CA US 95965
Join us for one or all! This is the 2nd Dam Fast 5K in the series on July 9, 2014
The Dam Fast 5K Run Series is a no frills, fast 5K designed to encourage running improvement.
- *Runners of all levels, beginners to advanced, are welcome to come out and test their fitness each month
- *Get the race day adrenaline for less than half the price
- *Race your friends, race yourself, race the clock to see and feel the improvements!!
- *Only one registration form is needed but fees must be paid at each event. The fee is only $10, no late registration penalty!
- *Each runner will get a bib number that will be used throughout the entire series
- *Runners will be timed at each event - walkers welcome - under 1 hour will receive an official time
- *Each month the times will be updated online at www.underthesunevents.org along with the percentage of improvement
- *Participate in 3 out of 4 events to be eligible for a tank top and prizes
- *Prizes will be awarded to runners with the highest percentage of improvement
*Runners will be grouped among peers of similar running ability
We provide the water....You provide the sweat!
June 4, July 9, August 6 and September 3!
The Dam Fast 5K Series originated on Lake Oroville Dam in 2008 as a way to truly test the progress of one’s fitness. Participants run the same course once a month for four months. At the end of the series the person with the highest percentage of improvement (or negative overall time) will win a prize! This is one series where being the fastest runner doesn’t ensure winning.
The first Wednesday of each month (except July), June through September
- June 4
- July 9
- August 6
- September 3
Participants are grouped by current ability. Don't sell yourself short here, let's be honest. Here are our descriptions:
Walker: This category is for people who are just starting their fitness program or do not currently run. This is the step before they are a beginner runner.
Beginner: Runner for less than 6 months or returning after extended time off (1 year+).
Intermediate: Consistent runner of more than 6 months (3+ days a week). Participates in races for personal improvement and camaraderie.
Advanced: Long time runner and/or super fast, races to win.