The Dam Fast 5K Series originated on Lake Oroville Dam in 2008 as a way to truly test the progress of one’s fitness. Participants run the same course once a month for four months. At the end of the series the person with the highest percentage of improvement (or negative overall time) will win a prize! This is one series where being the fastest runner doesn’t ensure winning.
Participants are grouped by current ability. Don't sell yourself short here, let's be honest. Here are our descriptions:
Walker: This category is for people who are just starting their fitness program or do not currently run. This is the step before they are a beginner runner.
Beginner: Runner for less than 6 months or returning after extended time off (1 year+).
Intermediate: Consistent runner of more than 6 months (3+ days a week). Participates in races for personal improvement and camaraderie.
Advanced: Long time runner and/or super fast, races to win.
The first Wednesday of each month (except July), June through September
- June 3
- July 8
- August 5
- September 2
Oroville, CA US 95965
Join us for one or all! This is the 4th Dam Fast 5K in the series on September 2, 2015
The Dam Fast 5K Run Series is a no frills, fast 5K designed to encourage running improvement.
- *Runners of all levels, beginners to advanced, are welcome to come out and test their fitness each month
- *Get the race day adrenaline for less than half the price
- *Race your friends, race yourself, race the clock to see and feel the improvements!!
- *Only one registration form is needed but fees must be paid at each event. The fee is only $10, no late registration penalty!
- *Each runner will get a bib number that will be used throughout the entire series
- *Runners will be timed at each event - walkers welcome - under 1 hour will receive an official time
- *Each month the times will be updated online at www.underthesunevents.org along with the percentage of improvement
- *Participate in 3 out of 4 events to be eligible for a tank top and prizes
- *Prizes will be awarded to runners with the highest percentage of improvement
*Runners will be grouped among peers of similar running ability
We provide the water....You provide the sweat!
June 3, July 8, August 5 and September 2!
This race isn't about who is fastest, it's about progress!! Runners with the biggest percentage of improvement will win a fabulous prize!! Here's the catch... you must participate in three out of four events to be eligible! Participate in three out of four and get a running singlet, too! And a $5 discount if you pay for all four now!
We provide the water... You provide the sweat!
June 3, July 8, August 5 and Sept. 2
Riverbend Park, Oroville
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?