In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at https://www.pacificcoasttrailruns.com/.
Welcome to the 30th running of the Woodside Trail Run in Huddart and Wunderlich Parks. This classic Pacific Coast Trail Runs event is known for the best trails in the bay area. The Start and Finish Line are at Huddart Park off HWY 280 in San Mateo County and follows the trails through Kings Mountain, Bear Gulch for those of you running the 35K or 50K you will experience Wunderlich Park. The 17K and 10K distance will stay in Huddart park. You will enjoy plenty of single-track trails under the canopy of towering redwoods and other local growth. This is a magical trail run on soft dirt trails, along side lush ferns and a green landscape leaving you breathless with the desire to return soon after your finish.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Course Map all Distances . Due to tree removal in both parks maps and courses are subject to change. Please refer back for any updates.
Course descriptions and elevation for the 50K
Course descriptions and elevation for the 35K
Course descriptions and elevation for the 17K
Course descriptions and elevation for the 10K
Click the icon below to download the attached PDF.
Refunds, Transfers, Race Credit Policies
If you are unable to participate in the event you paid for and miss the 45 or 14 day window because you are unable to run due to injury or under training, and volunteer at the intended event or another event within 30 days of your event, then we will apply 100% race credit for a future PCTR event. You will also receive additional race credits for the hours you volunteered.
Refunds & Transfers
Entry fees associated with Pacific Coast Trail Run Events are non-refundable and non-transferable. The amount of time and expense that goes into a PCTR event is high. Contracts, permit fees, awards, shirts, and all things associated with your event happen a long time before your race day. Surely, if many of you wanted a refund because you got injured, become sick, or have to attend a family function, then all trail running companies would be out of business. We also do not transfer entries for numerous reasons. We do, and will provide race credits for a future PCTR event (less Ultrasignup.com registration fees) shall something come up that prevents you from attending the event you paid for.
For 100% race credit towards another PCTR event, you must notify us 45 days before your event. For 50% race credit, you must notify PCTR prior to 14 days before your event. For 25% race credit, you must notify PCTR prior to 72 hours remaining before your event. Your race credits will be valid for one year from the time you earned them.
- Earn $10 in PCTR Race Credits for every hour worked. (For example: 4 hrs = $40; 3.5 hrs = $35, etc.)
- Volunteer 8+ hour shift and earn $40 bonus credits for event.
- Earn 2X Credits for bad weather volunteering in rain.
- Earn 2X Credits from 8pm to 6am. (Headlands & Night Sweats Only)
- Receive the coveted PCTR "Go Run a Trail!" shirt. *Must volunteer a minimum of 5 hours to get the shirt. If you already have too many of these shirts and want a race shirt instead, then come by the finish line tent to see if we have any more in your size.
- Enjoy a meal from our Post Race BBQ Chef Team.
- You will not earn credits for volunteering unless you sign up, email us at email@example.com
Huddart Park (Staging at Werder Shelter)
1100 Kings Mountain Rd.
Woodside, CA, 94062
Event Distances & Elevation Gains
- 50K – 4,530 ft
- 35K – 2,990 ft
- 17K – 1,890 ft
- 10K – 1,110 ft
- 50K - 7:00am
- 35K - 8:00am
- 17K - 8:00am
- 10K - 8:30am
Runner Check-in & Bib Pick-up. No early bib pick up
- One hour before the start of your event-
Race Director Event Briefing
- 15 Minutes before the start of your event
Time Limit & Cut-Offs
- There is an 8 HOUR TIME LIMIT for the 50K
- 50K Cut-off is 2 hrs 50 minutes or 10:50am at Bear Gulch Aid Station
- There is a 7 HOUR TIME LIMIT for the 35K distance.
- There is a 6 HOUR TIME LIMIT for the 17K, and 10K distances.
Effective in January, 2018, Pacific Coast Trail Runs is following the lead of other trail races by taking steps to "green" our events. We recommend that all participants carry hydration devices on them during the race. We will sell HydraPouch portable cup with Universal carry clip – hooks easily to shorts, tights, number belts, hydration belts, etc. We will also have a few for purchase for $10 the day of the event.
Post Race food TBD
We take great pride in knowing that when you finish a PCTR trail run, it is of the highest importance that you have a meal and tasty beverage to reward your finish. All entrants receive a "post-race meal ticket" to get the nutrients your body needs right after you finish. You will have the option during registration to purchase additional meal tickets. Our post-race BBQ chefs are in tune with incredible creations to meet all palates and will always provide a vegetarian option. We have served amazing tacos, incredible fajitas, delicious sliders, killer cowboy/cowgirl BBQ treats, and more. In the cold months, and night races, you will always be able to enjoy our super tasty soup creations. So bring a chair, a friend, and relax a bit with us.
Directions to Start/Finish & Parking
Plug in this address in to your favorite application for Huddart Park:
1100 Kings Mountain Rd
Woodisde, CA 94062.
Staging at the Werder Shelter. Picnic Area
Parking is $6. Please do your best to bring exact change to allow for expedient entry for all. Please note that there is one lane in and one lane out of the parking area. We have staggered the start times to allow for traffic back-up getting into start/finish location.
Dogs are not allowed in the park at all. They are not allowed to hike, walk, run, or sleep in you car in this park. Please do not sneak your dog in and leave your dog in the car during this event. We will inform the park and they will break in to your car and provide temporary shelter and a fine.
Aid Stations, Drop Bags, & Pacers or Companions
FLUID PERFORMANCE is our Electrolyte and Hydration partner. Flavor is Blueberry Pomegranate.We will provide a variety of fresh fruit, salty and sugary snacks, bananas, PB&J sandwiches, salt tabs, gels, FLUID electrolytes sports drink, ginger ale, coke and water. Due to State of California food handling laws, we will no longer be making boiled potatoes at home. The 50K distance entrants will be required to have a hand-held bottle or hydration pack when they leave Bear Gulch Aid Station the first time through. It is highly recommended that ALL runners carry at least 20 oz. of water between aid stations.
- Drop bags are only allowed at the Start/Finish Area
– No drop bags on course
- Please put your bib number on them
- Since Parking is so close we recommend you store your belongings in your car. Please note we will provide an area and do our best to safe guard them. We will not be responsible for the loss of personal items due to theft or misplacement.
Pacers or Safety Runners
- 50K - Pacers (only one permitted the entire event) are allowed in the 50K and can join their runner only at Bear Gulch A/S
- Pacers or companions are not allowed in the 35K, 17K, or 10K distances unless permission is granted from Race Director
- All finishers will receive a handmade wood medal from Elevation Culture.
- 50K Finishers, as longtime PCTR ultra marathon tradition, will receive a commemorative “Ultra Marathon” coaster for finishing within the 8-hour time limit. We have other 50K events with 9-hour time limits, but due to the constraints on the permit we have to go with 8 hours.
Top 3 Winners
Top 3 Male & Female Overall Winners in each distance will win dollar value race credit for future Pacific Coast Trail Runs events.
- 1st Place - $75 race credit towards future PCTR Race
- 2nd Place - $50 race credit towards future PCTR Race
- 3rd Place - $25 race credit towards future PCTR Race
Age Group Awards
Each age group winner will receive a special Age Group Medal. Age Group Award Winners include Top 3 Male & Female in each of the following age group categories:
Clean Sport Pledge
We pledge to support clean sport by inviting to athletes to compete at our events who are committed to training, racing and living clean and not inviting athletes to compete who have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We are in favor of random drug testing, especially when there is prize money offered at the event. Our organization also chooses to not work with coaches and agents that have athletes that are currently working with athletes that have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We understand we have a responsibility to protect a level playing field and we will be role models in the community as ambassadors and advocates for clean sport. We pledge to honor clean sport by inviting and supporting clean athletes at our races.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.