In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
How fast can you run a mile? What if you got to do it on a downhill? Join the Pikes Peak Road Runners and RunMental for the inaugural Springs Downhill Mile on June 17th at Monument Valley Park. The race will start just South of the Popcycle Bridge and end before the Uintah Bridge. This race is also the RRCA Colorado 1 Mile State Championship race!!
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Parking is available at
· Legacy loop lot: 0.75mi from start
· Corner of East Fontanero and Culbera: 0.45mi from start
· Off Glen Avenue or near pickle ball courts in MVP: 1.5mi from start
· Goosage Park: 1.23mi from start
· Boddington Park: 0.25mi from start
The course is a downhill point to point on a hard packed dirt trail with a -0.83% (44ft elevation loss) grade from the Popcycle Bridge heading south to Uintah.
Bib pick up/registration
· Participants can pick up their packets the day of the race in the open field near the playground of North Monument Valley Park (0.45mi from start line)
· There is no race day registration
· Race will begin in heats based on expected finish times with 10 ATHLETES PER HEAT in 30sec intervals that will be organized prior to start
· Heats will begin every 1min
· Please be near the start line by 8:20am to help ensure a smooth start
· When you finish your race, please move past the finish as quickly as possible to not congest the finish area.
· Athletes will be directed up to Culebra Rd after they have finished to walk back to Monument Valley Park. This is to avoid any collisions on the race course.
· There will be water available at the finish line. Please be courteous and take all trash/recycling with you or throw it in any nearby trash cans
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.