Coal Creek Golf Course
Louisville, CO US 80027
From our FAQ Page on PrairieDogHalf.com: WEATHER: The race will not be postponed or cancelled due to weather unless something SEVERE is happening such as lightning storm, tornado or white-out conditions. If that is the case, announcements will be made on our Facebook page and on the race webpage in addition to racer email communication. 99.9% of the time, the race will go on as scheduled.
WEATHER in LOUISVILLE:
The conditions of our permit in Louisville (Winter event only) place some limitations on the street portions of the course. If more than 4 inches of snow falls in the 12 hours prior to the race start time, the City will not allow runners on the streets. In this situation, our 5k and 10k runners are not impacted, as we have a simple reroute off of the streets for those distances. Unfortunately, it is not feasible to produce the 13.1 course without some street access. Of course, each registrant accepts this risk and signs a waiver to that end during the registration process, acknowledging the no refund policy, etc. However, we're in the business of seeing people run, not just seeing people register. In that spirit of being 'pro-runner', 13.1 registered runners will have the option to choose one of the following:
1) Change distance to 10k or 5k (and still claim your 13.1 finisher's medal) and receive a $40 one time use voucher toward any other 3W Races owned event in the calendar year.
2) Pick up your bib, packet and race medal, do not run on race day, and receive a $70 one time use voucher toward any other 3W Races owned event in the calendar year or to next year's Prairie Dog Half in Louisville.
Should the weather be SO severe that no running is possible, then the event will be canceled. In this case of a total event cancellation due to weather, no refunds or vouchers will be issued, but all runners will be eligible to pick up their shirts, packets, bibs and medals at our packet pick up host location during the following week and will automatically be deferred to the following year's event.
Obviously, any decision to this end is dependent on changing weather at the very last minute. The call to suspend the 13.1 distance course or cancel the event would be made as soon as possible with reasonable predictability, but by 5 AM on the morning of the event at the very latest. Racers will be notified in three ways: 1) email to each registered participant, 2) Facebook posts HERE, and 3) notification on PrairieDogHalf.com.