Welcome to the July 4th Fun Run 41st Anniversary Race! We are thrilled to bring back In-Person and Virtual options this year! Please join us in our quaint town of Palmer Lake and Monument for all of the July 4th festivities!
The race will go from Palmer Lake to Monument via the Santa Fe Trail! Feel free to run, jog, or walk and enjoy some dazzling outfits, encouraging signs and all around good time while supporting the local children!
4 miles on the 4th, 4 kids!
Welcome to the 42nd Annual July 4th Fun Run! This year we are sticking with the freedom to choose approach for the July 4th Fun Run, you are free to choose how you would like to participate! Whether you choose In-Person or Virtual, we know it will be a great time!
As always all proceeds from this race will go directly to Palmer Lake Elementary School. Thank you for your continued support!
What's different for 2024?
We will continue to give you the option to participate In-Person or Virtually! Please choose the option that works best for you!
The shuttle will still be provided from the end of the race back to the start line! 8am-9am.
We've got the goods. We want to give you the goods. Feel free to pick up for your teammates, friends, family members, and well, yourself. We STRONGLY encourage you to pick up your packet PRIOR TO RACE DAY.
Packet Pick Up locations and times:
TBD @ Route Outfitters Monument Location (252 b Front St, Monument)
TBD @ Route Outfitters Colorado Springs Location (3131 W. Colorado Ave, Colo Spgs)
RACE DAY: as in past years, we will have packet pick up and race day registration available prior to the start of the race
Don’t want to pick up your packet, we’ll happily mail it to you for only $10 more per packet. Packets will be mailed no later than July 1st (depending on location, we cannot guarantee your packet will make it to you for the in-person race)
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
- Race Course
- The race Start line is on the south side of Palmer Lake. The course will go around the lake once and then continue along the Santa Fe Trail. Finish line will be at 3rd street in downtown Monument.
- Race Time
- The race will begin promptly at 7am on July 4th.
- Parking will be on the west side of the lake in designated parking lots. Please use the bridge to cross over to the race course.
- Shuttle will be provided back to the parking lots in Palmer Lake. Last shuttle will run at 9am. No strollers are allowed on shuttles.
- As much as we love our furry friends, our permits do not allow pets on the race course. Please leave your loved pets at home.
Tri-Lakes 4th Activites
Kiwanis 4th of July Parade: https://www.trilakeschamber.com/
Tri-Lakes Chamber of Commerce: https://www.trilakeschamber.com/4th-of-july-street-fair-and-beer-garden.html
Palmer Lake Festival on the Fourth: https://awakepalmerlake.org/festival-on-the-fourth/
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.